The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX with custom 24mm TSE ii in Los Angeles

mark1958

It took some time to get used to it.. I just wondered if you have used it yourself. The reviews I read were generally good so I was a bit disappointed by my findings. Their 50mm got poor reviews.

It is too bad about the optics on that Schneider 28mm. It isn't awful, but it is not on par with the others like you mentioned, especially the Canons. The reason I say it is too bad is because it is a mechanical masterpiece. Well, I will pull back on that a little. There are some operating quirks to get used to, but the lens is purely mechanical, precisely geared, and a pleasure to operate once you are used to it.

Geoff

It is too bad about the optics on that Schneider 28mm. It isn't awful, but it is not on par with the others like you mentioned, especially the Canons. The reason I say it is too bad is because it is a mechanical masterpiece. Well, I will pull back on that a little. There are some operating quirks to get used to, but the lens is purely mechanical, precisely geared, and a pleasure to operate once you are used to it.
That lens is attractive in concept. Tried putting it on a MM and compared it to cropping an image from a new 21mm. Apart from more resolution, the images were almost the same - couldn't pick one over the other.