The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No connection to Windows PC with Mamiya ZD back (tethered shooting)

Frank Gosebruch

On my Mamiya RB67 Pro SD I use the digital back Mamiya ZD Back DB.

I have not used the camera for several years. Now I have purchased new batteries and would like to use the camera again - but tethered shooting.

When purchasing the digital back, a CF card with the software BS701 was delivered.
This software automatically established the connection between the camera and PC using a Firewire cable.

In the display of the back I get now no longer a "PC" symbol (before I used a Mac), which signals the successful connection:

Strangely, however, Windows (acoustic: didlidimm) signals that the IEEE Firewire cable at the interface of the PC is recognized.

Unfortunately, I lost this CF card with the communication software and now look for someone who can send me a copy of this software, or at least knows how to manage tethered shooting with a standard Windows system.

On my server I have still a backup of this software, but the backup consists only of a single file named "MOP_LOAD.BIN".
I do not know how I have to integrate / install this software on the CompactFlash card.

Software: Mamiya Digital PhotoStudio, Capture One 6, RawTherapee 5.0
Hardware: x86, 32-bit, Windows 10

Cheers

Frank Gosebruch

MrSmith

I am no expert but if your connection is FireWire then Macs used to supply the voltage to power the back whereas PC's usually did not. Could that be the problem?

Frank Gosebruch

I am no expert but if your connection is FireWire then Macs used to supply the voltage to power the back whereas PC's usually did not. Could that be the problem?
It shouldn't be a problem, because Mamiya doesn't make any difference in procedures for Mac/PC in the manual.
It is the same cable 1394 IEEE, same camera, same software...
Regards

Frank