The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya aptus 22 not saving shot data?

Eric Reschly

Hello all,
I am new to getdpi and to digital medium format.
I recently purchased a mamiya 645 afd ii with aptus leaf 22 back.
Medium format is amazing. We love shooting with it.

The first few days using it the shot info was being saved and displayed on Lightroom like you would expect. Later I noticed shot information was not being saved anymore. I tried different lenses with no help. The only thing I did was to format the card in camera. Could this be the cause?

I then tried formating the card in computer as directed by the leaf website. This made the card unusable from then on.
Does anyone have an idea why the shot information is not being saved.
And why is my card no longer usable after formatting on computer.
I purchased a new card that works but shot info is still not being saved.

yaya

Hello all,
I am new to getdpi and to digital medium format.
I recently purchased a mamiya 645 afd ii with aptus leaf 22 back.
Medium format is amazing. We love shooting with it.

The first few days using it the shot info was being saved and displayed on Lightroom like you would expect. Later I noticed shot information was not being saved anymore. I tried different lenses with no help. The only thing I did was to format the card in camera. Could this be the cause?

I then tried formating the card in computer as directed by the leaf website. This made the card unusable from then on.
Does anyone have an idea why the shot information is not being saved.
And why is my card no longer usable after formatting on computer.
I purchased a new card that works but shot info is still not being saved.
Make sure that the card is on this list: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=2246&languageid=1

By shot info I guess you mean EXIF? Go into the user info/ copyrights space and remove any odd characters such as © or @, then restart the back and EXIF should be working again...

BR
Yair