The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

drunkenspyder

Mono Lake. North tufa formation as seen from Navy Beach. Didn't use IR cut filter, which is why it is slightly soft.
Cambo 1600 | Hassy Superachromat 350 | P1 Achromatic | 1m20s | f/11 | ISO200 | Stacked ND for 16 stops

MILESF

"Futatsu Iwa" Abishiri, Hokkaido, Japan, January 2018

PhaseOne XF, IQ3100 Achromatic. 300mm (PhaseOne150mm with SK2x Converter) Lee Filters 15 Stop IRND, 4mins @f11 ISO200 IR695

Last edited:

etrump

Getting my feet wet with infrared on the IQ3 achromatic.

Hanalei Bay, Kauai: 40-80mm 760nm

9B652F4C-89D1-4C60-8DB1-273C2CEDEEC4.jpg

drunkenspyder

Very nice. What filter did you use? I've been trying to settle on a filter approach to minimize weight and maximize the utility of the ones I do carry. I have a Singh-Ray iRay 830nm in 100mmx100mm [which I of course forgot to take with me yesterday], but have not had luck with something for the Lee SW150 system.

P.S. Thinking harder about the zooms. Flexibility and adaptability, more compact backpack, are some of the advantages coming to mind. And back.

Getting my feet wet with infrared on the IQ3 achromatic.

Hanalei Bay, Kauai: 40-80mm 760nm

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Scouting trip to the Heart Lake trail near Mt. Shasta, mostly a disappointment due to snow clouds and a bit of under-preparation. This is Castle Lake right before the snow started really coming down.

P1 XF | Achromatic Back | 13s | f/16 | ISO 200

etrump

Thank you! I used a 95mm 760nm with a 95mm-105mm step up ring. Have not found a 150x150 source or even a 105mm round source. Fortunately the 40-80 and 35mm do not vignette with the 95mm.

Recently acquired an 850nm from Kolari Vision but have yet to shoot with it.

Very nice. What filter did you use? I've been trying to settle on a filter approach to minimize weight and maximize the utility of the ones I do carry. I have a Singh-Ray iRay 830nm in 100mmx100mm [which I of course forgot to take with me yesterday], but have not had luck with something for the Lee SW150 system.

etrump

Koa trees on Kauai - more fun with infrared

IQ3 Achromatic, XF, 40-80 LS @ 70mm 790nm

D&A

Ed, this is odd. I see the html code to embed your image, I just don't see the image.
I initially saw it when 1st posted but subsequently I don't see anything now except a very tiny square with an "x". It was a lovely image!

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Lousy weather coming in today up in Lee Vining lead us down toward Lone Pine which was also getting lousy weather, but good for B&W photography.

STC/40HR/IQ3100 Achromatic

Last edited:

algrove

Mono Lake mornings this week were less than ideal for color so took out the IQ3100 Achromatic instead. STC/HR40

algrove

Strange geological formations are what make The Alabama Hills in CA so intriguing.:clap:

This one is a new take for me on an old arch. STC/HR40/IQ3100 Achromatic

Jeffrey

Having recently shot the Phase One Achromatic back, I found the 650nm filter to be a great starting point in filter selection. This filter is sometimes incorrectly referred to as a 695 filter, probably because those numbers are on the filter ring. Anyway, I did work up and down the IR filter range a bit but regularly returned to the 650nm filter enjoying the results. I'll post an image or two after the images return from the retouchers.