The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

Shashin

Peter, if you want to go further into the IR spectrum, I can also recommend a B&W 093 Infrared filter. Not from a medium-format camera (Fuji X Pro2), but it gives you an idea:

BTW, if you get a Heliopan filter, check for air bubbles in the glass--they look like black dots. I had some in a center filter once and dealing with the US distributer to fix the problems was a nightmare.

DrPaul

Hi,
Sorry for leaving out the metadata.
The first file- f11, SK35LS, 1/60", ISO200. Focus stacked with 7 files.
The second file- f11,SK35LS, 1/80", ISO200. Single file.

Paul

etrump

Would love to see a higher res version of this since the current jpg seems very B&W vs the greyscale that I know that the acromatic generates.
Buy a print! :ROTFL:

Of course, nothing in jpeg at 1024 pixels can represent a 100mp achromatic image but I did my best to represent my emotional response to the scene.

In reality, it was raining and the tonal range of IR light was limited. Stretching that limited tonal range by definition reduces the granularity. That said, on a personal level I feel it represents the harsh realities I was experiencing at the time in a way the color or visible spectrum b&w captures could not duplicate.

After all, isn’t that why we pursue photography? The more technically proficient I become the more I just want to express my personal reactions to the incredible scenes I am fortunate to visit.

Artistic endeavors are basically about self expression anyway. Once we realize it is about us we have the freedom to explore what we have to say.