The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

etrump

Thank you Doug. I totally agree! You start seeing the light and landscape in a different way that adds a whole new dimension to the experience.

I love infrared's ability to take an already seductively serene landscape and make it almost Land Before Time in feel.

algrove

That totally looks like a negative! Cool.

Dave
First time I tried this, but since the Achromatic DB has nothing but a clear glass over the sensor one can hit invert in PS and you get this-a true negative.:grin:

If I have my IR filters with me (not on this trip) I am curious which IR filter this replicates. :thumbs:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thank you Doug. I totally agree! You start seeing the light and landscape in a different way that adds a whole new dimension to the experience.
Ed, ugh, this is NOT what I want to read. I’m with CI at the moment looking to try out the achromatic again this week. I love my Monochrom and liked what I got last time I tried the achromatic for a day. I’m hiding my Amex ...

Pemihan

Ed, ugh, this is NOT what I want to read. I’m with CI at the moment looking to try out the achromatic again this week. I love my Monochrom and liked what I got last time I tried the achromatic for a day. I’m hiding my Amex ...
Just send your Amex to me, problem solved. :ROTFL:

Pemihan

Graham, you have been awfully quiet - did you succumb to the evil forces of the dark side?:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

It doesn’t help that I’m here with Lou who has his achro here, CI with a demo and some target rich vegetation to shoot. (We would have another achro 100 too but it got dropped before we had a chance to use it).

Blue skies and most of the day to kill so time to break out the mono or IR, right?

GrahamWelland

My goal is to avoid this:

DD25B5F9-CB74-4403-B208-AC9EBFAA6722.jpeg

Although as Dave Gallagher said to me, if I run off with the back, he knows where I live and he also has my Amex number :chug::p

Plus it doesn’t help that Jeffrey Littel is here too and is enabling me with IR filters ... although I think that he’ll croak first :thumbs:

Shashin

Graham, it is only (your) money. What kind of fiends would we be if we walked into a bar and saw you drinking to tell you not to have another beer?

Pemihan

So now the only thing that is still in the open is whether Graham goes with the 100 or 150 Achro :D