The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

JeffK

ALPA 12 Max + SK 47 XL Digitar + CF
IQ260 Achromatic
IR 093
-10/0/10 shifts
5mm rise

Edited in Capture One Pro 20*
Stitched in PS 2020

*(Not really edited yet. I exported the 3 images straight out of C1 and auto stitched, then added a curve. Wanted to see how this would look before doing all the work of applying LCC's, prepping, editing etc in C1).

stitch.jpg

EDIT: adding to the post. After seeing the above. I proceeded to "do the work" and started over in C1 and eventually made my way back into PS for stitching and spotting. Might print today.

morestitch.jpg

Last edited:

algrove

Back from Death Valley
IQ4150/STC/90AU/f11/ISO200

Just love this setup. However, my failing eyesight is taking much of the enjoyment away as I struggle to see the ground and of course to focus even with LV at 100% and a magnifying loupe.

As such, I will be selling the back at a substantial savings with just 2500 exposures on it and 4 years+ left on the warranty. PM any questions.

Attachments

jng

Lou,

These images are simply spectacular. I'm very sorry to hear about your struggles with failing eyesight, but hope you are still able to appreciate the depth and beauty of your creations.

John

FloatingLens

More Death Valley

Ribbon of light with HR70 and moon lit Manley Beacon in full moon with S-K 150. Achromatic images are very special with this back.
Truly magnificent! I remember standing at Zabriskie Point myself very vividly looking at those images.

algrove

Lou,

These images are simply spectacular. I'm very sorry to hear about your struggles with failing eyesight, but hope you are still able to appreciate the depth and beauty of your creations.

John
Hello John
I have recently published a book with many many Death Valley Dunes images along with explanations. Mainly B&W. Let me know if that could interest you.

Last edited: