The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Urgent Capture One 10 help needed: Corrupted catalogue, freezes when 'fixing'.

tjv

Hi all,

I'm in a panic with a lot of deadlines to meet tomorrow, and my Capture One 10 DB catalogue has corrupted and may have frozen while runing the fix / verify catalogue function (that is after verifying the catalogue, it identifyed it needed to run a repair. I've been waiting now for over two hours, with the screen reading "transfer in progress" and the progress bar all the way to the right. The only reason I wonder if it's not completely frozen is that if I try to scroll up, the readout keeps flicking back down as if adding an extra line of "progress report" (although it's slimply repeating the same "transfer in progress" over and over...) I don't want to force quit in case I completly stuff something...

The reason all this started was that I imported files as normal. I applied general edits and LCC corrections to two images I need to stitch, then found when exported they were full size TIFF files, but completely black / no image. I re-exported and found the same thing, then realised the LCC preview seemed to keep flicking on and off in the image preview randomly, which has never happened before... After a few attempts to start again, including reimporting the images – I use one catalogue, not sessions – I ran the verify catalogue option and it said database connection OK, but database verification FAILED, as per screen shot.

Included are two screen shots to show what my screen looks like...

I could copy my last backup from Time Machine over, but I'd loose a day of processing...

Please help this poor antipodean!

TJV

Attachments

dave.gt

Tim,
Sorry to hear about that!

In an hour and a half, Capture Integration should be open. Call/email Steve Hendrix there, maybe he has someone available this morning to help you!

Good luck!

usm

I could copy my last backup from Time Machine over, but I'd loose a day of processing...
TJV
Sorry to hear, but Time Machine is doing a backup every hour. May be there is a backup just before you imported these images.

Once I had similar problems, sent the whole 30gigs catalog to C1 support to fix, with no success. Took them more than a week. So some times to do the work two times is the faster solution.

good luck

tjv

I've been working remotely, so no hourly time machine backups :-(

I ended up quitting the programme as it seemed to be stuck, reran the verift check and it came through ok.

Now I open the catalog and the images i'm editing first show as a solid blue preview, flicks to a blue speckled preview, then turn into the image, then sometimes the LCC correction flicks on then off... I've never experienced anything like this before...

I've tried rebuilding the previews and clearing the batch and batch history, etc., but that hasn't helped. Anything else I might try?

T :banghead::facesmack::cussing:

tjv

With Steve Hendrix's at CI's super help I fixed the problem. Turning off hardware acceleration did the trick. Thanks, Steve!

I'm wondering if this might be a sign something is off with my new MacBook Pro? Is this a common problem?

Thanks everyone for their help.

Paul2660

By Hardware acceleration, do you mean turning off open CL for processing?

Just curious.

Open CL is buggy at times still for me on both mac and win, but not as bad as it used to be. I only use sessions.

Paul Caldwell

tjv

Yes, the options mention Open GL in brackets.

I've been wondering what the point of sessions would be for me, as I'm so used to simply working with one catalog. Is working like that not as stable in C1 as with LR?

By Hardware acceleration, do you mean turning off open CL for processing?

Just curious.

Open CL is buggy at times still for me on both mac and win, but not as bad as it used to be. I only use sessions.

Paul Caldwell