The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Longer lens options for Cambo WRS and IQ3-100

0beone

OK, With big landscape shots I feel I need something longer than the 90 in certain circumstances.. what are the accepted lenses that are ok with tech camera and IQ 100 back - your experiences / thoughts are most appreciated.

Cheers
Frank

Pemihan

Hi Frank,

I have the SK 120 Aspheric which is awesome and have a whopping 150mm image circle. Have so far primarily used it on 60 and 80MP but I'm positive it will be great on 100MP too. I also have the SK 150mm but haven't really used it much. I tend to mostly carry the 40HR, SK60XL and SK 120 Aspheric as the holy trinity.

Peter

dchew

Yeah the sk150 is great too, but the IC is not as generous as the 120. Good to 90mm though.

Dave

kdphotography

I have the Schneider APO Symmar f/5.6 150mm L. I don't use it even a fraction of what I had hoped. I just could not say no.....:loco::D

Steve Hendrix

We recently mounted a 120mm Symmar HM Lens in Cambo Lenspanel for a client. In testing, this lens outperformed the Rodenstock 120mm APO Macro Sironar and Schneider 120mm APO Digitar N at near and far distance. Initially Cambo was hesitant to mount the lens for us - I had to convince them. In the end they were convinced enough to post a blog about it on their Facebook page. This lens is now for sale from the end user as he found it was too long for him. If anyone is interested in this lens, please let me know, and I'll pass the word along.

Cambo Facebook Post.jpg

Steve Hendrix/CI

0beone

Thanks Steve - you are constantly a supply of great information.
PM sent.

Cheers
Frank

We recently mounted a 120mm Symmar HM Lens in Cambo Lenspanel for a client. In testing, this lens outperformed the Rodenstock 120mm APO Macro Sironar and Schneider 120mm APO Digitar N at near and far distance. Initially Cambo was hesitant to mount the lens for us - I had to convince them. In the end they were convinced enough to post a blog about it on their Facebook page. This lens is now for sale from the end user as he found it was too long for him. If anyone is interested in this lens, please let me know, and I'll pass the word along.

View attachment 129000

Steve Hendrix/CI

Phase V

Steve,

how much did Cambo quote for the built in, they normally take around 500 € for a
Digaron with helicon, that´s inside EU of course.
Did you test it against some Digaron as well, how does it perform
compared to let´s say the 90mm SW?

T.

Jamgolf

OK, With big landscape shots I feel I need something longer than the 90 in certain circumstances.. what are the accepted lenses that are ok with tech camera and IQ 100 back - your experiences / thoughts are most appreciated.

Cheers
Frank
Other than the SK options already mentioned some Hasselblad V lenses are also worth considering via an adapter.
Superachromat 250 and 350 can be very good and CFE/CFi 180 is another worthy option.

0beone

Ok, an update for all you good folks...
I purchased this lens (thanks to Steve Hendrix from Capture Integration for putting me in touch with the owner), It arrived today and after a short outing this afternoon to put it through its paces I have to say it is pretty stellar....

I shot a series against the ubiquitous brick wall going 15mm left and right and have to say it is pretty special across a large part of the image circle.
I initially saw sample shots and comparison with the latest SK120 Blue Ring using an IQ100 mp which convinced me to purchase it.
Whilst my current back is IQ260 I have to say this lens is really great, its colour acuity, contrast, resolving power, and "presence" is very special.

I look forward to posting images from this lens in the not to distance future once I have my new IQ3100 - end October...

Thanks to all for your input and advice - I am very happy!
Cheers
Frank

0beone

Ok as an update,

The image circle of this lens is 180mm and I have used it recently where I have shifted the WRS to extremities and its still stellar... not a hint of perimeter CA at all. for landscapes it is most impressive for an older lens.

Cheers
Frank

0beone

So what does this mounted lens sell for?
It would be good if you could buy this new, however you cannot. You will have to hunt for one and hope its ok, then get it mounted by Cambo which I "think" is around US$1,200.

Cheers and good luck, you will not be disappointed.
Frank

med

Thanks for the tip about this lens! I am looking for a longer lens with closeup capability for my Arca RM3Di. I was looking for a 120 ASPH but if I can find one of these at a good price, even with the custom mount it will be cheaper than the 120 ASPH.