The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H6D-100c experience

JK12

Steven-
I honestly feel the same way. This is not me huffing and puffing over nothing, in fact I think I've been fair, but since they're not listening directly this is my next best platform. I hope they can make this right- perhaps something is going on over there and they will have a reason for expressing so little concern- perhaps at this point there will be a gesture of goodwill, and I will happily share that experience as well out of fairness if and when it happens. But if nothing is addressed I will NEVER purchase nor recommend another Hasselblad product again. I have done both of those things plentifully up until this point.

I know this is all far from the troubles of the world so I hesitate to even come on these forums and basically announce I've invested a years pay into a camera, because even to us it must register initially as a little absurd- and now I feel a little more idiotic about the investment because the company I bought this product from act like they can hardly be bothered.

Jordan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Horrified is actually a lot more accurate. I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and I do not own any MFD gear, yet, but I plan to, one day. I did shoot Contax, years ago, so I do have some (wonderful) experience with that platform...but I digress.

I sincerely hope that some people, who can actually do something, pay attention to this thread, for both your sake (obviously) and also for their own sake, because, I assure you, after reading a thread like this, I would NEVER invest in Hasselblad.

I hope a strong statement like that doesn't come off as being overly negative, for the sake of being negative, especially since this is my first post. I mean, who wants to be labeled a "hater" on day 1, right?!? That's not my goal and I hope that doesn't happen, but this thread DID push me up to the register button...

I understand that nothing is perfect and things break...that's no fun, but something can go wrong with anything. What's not cool is the service you're receiving. I just can't imagine any scenario where that kind of treatment is acceptable, for anyone, let alone a working professional. THIS is what got me responding to this thread. I make 100% of my income from photography. The thought of my main camera, which costs a fortune in almost anyone's book, floating around, while I'm in the dark, holding nothing, while possibly missing work opportunities, or at the very least opportunities to work with the incredibly expensive gear I bought, to, you know, make a living, is horrible. The offer to let you RENT a camera, while yours is under warranty, is just insulting.

I know I can't be the only photographer (or potential MFD customer) out there, who reads these forums for the purpose of researching of a potential investment. I sincerely hope that we hear a happy ending to this story, where Hasselblad falls all over themselves to make it right, with you, and to redeem themselves a little, in the eyes of those watching. In the mean time, the folks over at DT and CI, who already have a stellar reputation, are looking even better...

ejpeiker

Hey Jordan, probably a prohibitively costly changeover but they do offer some incentives to lessen the pain; have you thought of changing to Phase One? Their customer support seems to be the complete opposite of what you are reporting and my experience with after purchase support as well as equipment service has been the complete opposite.

PedroL

Jordan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Horrified is actually a lot more accurate. I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and I do not own any MFD gear, yet, but I plan to, one day. I did shoot Contax, years ago, so I do have some (wonderful) experience with that platform...but I digress.

I sincerely hope that some people, who can actually do something, pay attention to this thread, for both your sake (obviously) and also for their own sake, because, I assure you, after reading a thread like this, I would NEVER invest in Hasselblad.

I hope a strong statement like that doesn't come off as being overly negative, for the sake of being negative, especially since this is my first post. I mean, who wants to be labeled a "hater" on day 1, right?!? That's not my goal and I hope that doesn't happen, but this thread DID push me up to the register button...

I understand that nothing is perfect and things break...that's no fun, but something can go wrong with anything. What's not cool is the service you're receiving. I just can't imagine any scenario where that kind of treatment is acceptable, for anyone, let alone a working professional. THIS is what got me responding to this thread. I make 100% of my income from photography. The thought of my main camera, which costs a fortune in almost anyone's book, floating around, while I'm in the dark, holding nothing, while possibly missing work opportunities, or at the very least opportunities to work with the incredibly expensive gear I bought, to, you know, make a living, is horrible. The offer to let you RENT a camera, while yours is under warranty, is just insulting.

I know I can't be the only photographer (or potential MFD customer) out there, who reads these forums for the purpose of researching of a potential investment. I sincerely hope that we hear a happy ending to this story, where Hasselblad falls all over themselves to make it right, with you, and to redeem themselves a little, in the eyes of those watching. In the mean time, the folks over at DT and CI, who already have a stellar reputation, are looking even better...

I am reading this tread about JK camera and here a few facts, totally misunderstood or just negligently left out.

JK camera is under warranty, but this warranty not includes loaner camera. This is the reason Hasselblad has a rental program for situations exactly as Jordan's.
However, immediately after JK sent his camera to Hasselblad, we forwarded his objections - whatever it was - to our sales manager and he offered to rent an H6D 100c to JK, or loan JK at NO CHARGE his own H6D 50c until his camera is repaired and returned, the only expense to JK would be to ship the unit back to Hasselblad. It was said, that there was no charger included and voila! - bashing of Hasselblad "daring" to offer a camera without charger started.
It has to be pointed out, that JK never even mentioned that Hasselblad offered to loan a free camera. Than all of a sudden no one is taking loaner or charger, but the way Hasselblad did not confirm receipt of the camera and Hasselblad bashing continue. Enough said.

Anyone interested in seeing our email to JK about a rental and free loaner is free to PM me and I would gladly forward you the email for your own eyes to see.

I am not getting involved anymore in this ridiculous public debate about JK situation. If anyone need to hear from me, please call me, my phone number is available from my website www.peterlorber.com

JK12

"I heard from our Hasselblad Rep. Service will not give a loaner, but they do have a flat fee rental. Andrew will get his 50c back latest Tuesday and can send it to you if you want. There is no charger but you can use yours. You will have to pay the shipping back to Hasselblad if you decide to go for it."

This was my last direct email from the dealer.

Last edited:

JK12

Also- for the record I didn't out my dealer by name because my grievances weren't directly with him only- he got on here and named himself initially. This was supposed to wake up the company itself so that they knew a customer wasn't happy and despite being told directly, but always politely to them- there has been very sparse and sub-par communication. AND we're dealing with a serious piece of equipment that costs a serious amount and I'm not rich!

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Does anyone reading this thread understand this customers hysteria? His camera malfunctioned..most of us have had that experience. He was offered a loaner free of charge while his camera was being repaired. His camera is under warranty and the repair is at no charge.
In an earlier post, I attested to his dealers integrity and willingness to be available 24/7 for his customers, as a matter of fact Peter Lorber is respected by his customers and Hasselblad because of his dedication.
While I no longer own a Hasselblad back, my experience with Hasselblad service was excellent. I actually visited the repair facility in New Jersey a few years ago and was very impressed with the crew there..most of whom are knowledgable long time employees.
Stanley

JK12

I never called out the dealer here because frankly I think there's a bigger problem at hand, but he got into this thread defensively and without reason- I don't believe in calling individuals out by name negatively in a public forum. As stated he is pleasant enough, but regardless of being able to call them at all hours the day, I guess this one was beyond their capacity, which is fine. I don't blame the dealer for the faulty camera- I know they didn't build it nor purposefully sell me one.

Do you really think free warranty work on a camera like this failing in the first year (first 6 months really) makes up for the amount I spent to ship the camera in ($285 insured), the spotty communication (it's critical for them if they ask you to confirm something that they themselves should properly confirm they received it) the time I have been without it (2.5 weeks so far), all sounds like I shouldn't be the least bit upset? Far from "hysteria", but yeah I'm pretty upset.

Last edited:

JK12

Update:
At 2.5 weeks I received a loaner 50c camera. This helped certainly as I was able to finally take some business using it, however it’s not the 100c I purposefully purchased. I’m not ungrateful for the loaner, but I really did buy the other more expensive version for a reason.

We’re now at over a month- and as of this writing I still have no idea when I’ll receive my camera back. I’ve been in contact with a few people and I can’t get anything concrete out of them as to what was wrong with my camera nor when I will have it fixed and returned to me.

Update to the update:
Camera is now in the final stages of testing before being sent back to NJ.

Last edited:

bab

Update:
At 2.5 weeks I received a loaner 50c camera. This helped certainly as I was able to finally take some business using it, however it’s not the 100c I purposefully purchased. I’m not ungrateful for the loaner, but I really did buy the other more expensive version for a reason.

We’re now at over a month- and as of this writing I still have no idea when I’ll receive my camera back. I’ve been in contact with a few people and I can’t get anything concrete out of them as to what was wrong with my camera nor when I will have it fixed and returned to me.

Update to the update:
Camera is now in the final stages of testing before being sent back to NJ.
Peter has a H100 for sale maybe he will loan it to you just ask him! If not I'm sure he will rent it to you for a reasonable fee