The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Like to see Images shot with ISO 800/1200 on 645D

rollsman44

Does anyone have some images that were shot with ISO 800 and 1200. My main interest would be people pictures. With and without flash inside and out Thank you . Would like to see how acceptable the Images are.

I don't have people pictures for you, but you could easily find some test pictures online, e.g. Pentax 645D Review - Samples

It's a CCD sensor so the high ISO performance would be worse than a modern APSC CMOS sensor, let alone the smaller apertures of the 645D lenses.

Shashin

Pentax 645D, A120mm macro @ f/4, 1/200sec, ISO1600. Handheld. A bit of sharpening, no noise reduction.

100% crop:

jerome_m

A bit of sharpening, no noise reduction.
Although you probably did not apply noise reduction yourself, the artefacts of noise reduction are quite visible in the detail picture. From 2010 onwards, all derawtisers have started to apply noise reduction by default to high iso pictures without telling the end user.

All files downloaded from imaging-resource without noise reduction.

Clearly, while the 645D retains more details under lower ISO settings, the Nikon D5500 performs better for higher ISO settings.

With the Nikon D5500 you also get the options to have f/1.4 lenses, which enables you to shoot at significantly lower ISO settings when compared against the 645D. For example, when you shoot with the 645D at f/2.8 and ISO 1600, you can shoot with the Nikon D5500 at f/1.4 and ISO 400.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Shashin

Forgot about this shot. Pentax 645D, A 35mm (manual focus, just like the A 120 mm above), ISO 1600, and mix of artificial and natural light, handheld with a bit of sharpening.

100% crop:

rollsman44

I can honestly sat the IQ is very good at ISO 800 I would not push the D to 1600. Thank you for sharing some images. Dennis