The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One's announcement for tomorrow..What Say You???

aztwang

OK lets have some fun, no brand bashing or complaining; just your best guess what tomorrows announcement will be.
Phase says that it is colorful news. The colorful part throws me but I'm going to guess a EVF for XF. I was thinking a mirrorless announcement but I don't think there is enough hype for a brand new platform.

Paul2660

hint is colorful, possibly a Silver edition XF? or special Turquoise ring lenses?

Can't see an EVF working on the current XF, but would love to see a mirrorless direction for the future.

Paul Caldwell

JeRuFo

I'm guessing a super wide angle blue ring lens, like a 24mm. Or possibly even wider, maybe only for the crop sensor?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
All I know is that my dealer was in Denmark ...

I suspect C1 Pro 10.2 as well. We're on beta 3 so I would expect it as a bundle with whatever else Phase One are announcing (and I don't know what that would be).

Smoothjazz

I am hoping for a new and improved 150mp digital back; I have been holding onto my IQ 180 patiently, for the next biggest thing to come along. Also hoping it will have a monochrome option, for viewing images in black and white.

aztwang

I am hoping for a new and improved 150mp digital back; I have been holding onto my IQ 180 patiently, for the next biggest thing to come along. Also hoping it will have a monochrome option, for viewing images in black and white.
You don't have a monochrome setting on your back?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
IQ3150 certainly would be a game changer for those who can't have enough resolution and colour/tonality rendition quality. I'd love one but as usual I'll have to live vicariously through MF friends until the itch is cheap enough to scratch!

jng

All I know is that my dealer was in Denmark ...
So is it just me or does anyone else here get weird looks from their non-photography friends when they start a sentence with "my dealer..." :p

Damn you, Dante, why can't I keep you out of my house?

f8orbust

Since Fuji and HB will have access to a 100MP chip for their mirrorless platforms next year, perhaps a pre-emptive announcement from P1 of a 150MP back ? That said, the 150MP sensor isn't available until next year either, so maybe not.

dchew

It would be worse if P1 was based in the Netherlands.

"My dealer was in Amsterdam..."

Dave

gerald.d

Looks like someone at DT pressed the send button early, and I don't think this is the first time that has happened, is it?