The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steven Friedman show in Edmonton

stevenfr

I have attached some images of my show in Edmonton, Alberta at the Lando Gallery. The show is on until the end of the month. I hope you enjoy these images.

Steven

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Pramote

I am flying to Denver today from Copenhagen.
Where are you heading to? I guess you will chase the fall color in Southwest CO especially Dallas Divide.
Last year, I drove to Dallas Divide by myself (rare opportunity without my family), ate & slept in the car and took pictures all days for several days.
Due to business commitment, I will miss it this year. Otherwise, I would like to meet up or with at least say hi to you. What is your plan?
I hope you get a lot of beautiful pictures. I am so excited to see your pictures.
BTW! your 6x17 Aspen pictures've absolutely inspired me.

Pramote

stevenfr

Where are you heading to? I guess you will chase the fall color in Southwest CO especially Dallas Divide.
Last year, I drove to Dallas Divide by myself (rare opportunity without my family), ate & slept in the car and took pictures all days for several days.
Due to business commitment, I will miss it this year. Otherwise, I would like to meet up or with at least say hi to you. What is your plan?
I hope you get a lot of beautiful pictures. I am so excited to see your picture.
BTW your 6x17 Aspen pictures'v e truly inspired me.

Pramote
Thank Pramote for the kind comments on my work. I will be in central Colorado. I may shoot Dallas Divide but my preference is to hike through the forest and less time at viewpoints.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank Pramote for the kind comments on my work. I will be in central Colorado. I may shoot Dallas Divide but my preference is to hike through the forest and less time at viewpoints.
Great plan! Colors are all over CO- Kenosha pass, Aspen, Crested Butte/Gunnison etc. Enjoy! Pramote

DougDolde

Isn’t that all private property, Double RL Ranch ? How do you get away with it?

dave.gt

I have attached some images of my show in Edmonton, Alberta at the Lando Gallery. The show is on until the end of the month. I hope you enjoy these images.

Steven
Well, back on topic,

Steven, I want to personally thank you for your showing us the way you work professionally. Not only have you consistently shown your superb work, but you give us a glimpse of how you work long after the images are printed and what you do with them. A gallery, a magazine cover and so much more.

Even from my house-bound situation, I can see how much work and passion you invest in everything that you do. Hiking for days at a time...awesome and admirable! You are totally committed to excellence and I just wanted to express my gratitude for all of your hard work and sharing with us.

The bar has been raised...:):):)

stevenfr

Well, back on topic,

Steven, I want to personally thank you for your showing us the way you work professionally. Not only have you consistently shown your superb work, but you give us a glimpse of how you work long after the images are printed and what you do with them. A gallery, a magazine cover and so much more.

Even from my house-bound situation, I can see how much work and passion you invest in everything that you do. Hiking for days at a time...awesome and admirable! You are totally committed to excellence and I just wanted to express my gratitude for all of your hard work and sharing with us.

The bar has been raised...:):):)
Thanks Dave, you are very kind. I really apprecite your kind feedback and thoughts on my work.

D&A

Steven, Congradulations! Beautiful work of capturing the light and colors of such stunning landscapes in a not always so easy to capture subject...trees in densly populated forests. The prints and their display are a lovely testiment to your work and I can get a glimpse how screen viewing is just a fraction of their real impact as compared to actual viewing of the final presitation. Thanks for sharing this.

Dave (D&A)

Pemihan

Congratulations Steven, looks absolutely gorgeous!
Copenhagen huh, we should have met up, I live in the countryside just three hours from Copenhagen, lived there since 1984 but moved out a year and a half ago.

Peter

Last edited:

stevenfr

Congratulations Stephen, looks absolutely gorgeous!
Copenhagen huh, we should have met up, I live in the countryside just three hours from Copenhagen, lived there since 1984 but moved out a year and a half ago.

Peter
Hi Peter

I was only in Copenhagen for five nights for meetings. Maybe next time we can meet up. Thanks for the feedback. Just curious if you think there maybe possibilities for my style of photography in Scandanavia?

Thanks Steven

stevenfr

Steven, Congradulations! Beautiful work of capturing the light and colors of such stunning landscapes in a not always so easy to capture subject...trees in densly populated forests. The prints and their display are a lovely testiment to your work and I can get a glimpse how screen viewing is just a fraction of their real impact as compared to actual viewing of the final presitation. Thanks for sharing this.

Dave (D&A)
Hi Dave

Thanks for your positive thoughts and understanding on the difficulties of shooting the intimate forest photography. I used to primarily shoot with a Horseman camera. Since moving to a Phase One XF IQ3 100 camera with six lenses my possibilities for framing and composition have been more successful. Also, the print detail is stunning at the larger sizes.

Steven