The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One future upgrades?

Phase V

Now that Phase One seems to have established three variations of there
100 Mpx Sensor, (IQ3 100, Achromatic, and now Trichromatic) i wonder how
they will handle future upgrades when the 150 MPX sensor will show up.

Release a normal 150 IQ3 150, then the Achromatic and finally a Trichromatic version?

Would me think twice on upgrading my IQ3 100 right away knowing that a better color version is just a few month´s ahead. Or do all new backs will get this new tech right away?

DougDolde

Isn't there also an IQ1-100 to further complicate the issue?

I'd hate to be someone who upgraded to the IQ3-100 then found out there's yet another upgrade to suck thousands of dollars out of me. But isn't this the Phase One marketing plan ?

aztwang

Now that Phase One seems to have established three variations of there
100 Mpx Sensor, (IQ3 100, Achromatic, and now Trichromatic) i wonder how
they will handle future upgrades when the 150 MPX sensor will show up.

Release a normal 150 IQ3 150, then the Achromatic and finally a Trichromatic version?

Would me think twice on upgrading my IQ3 100 right away knowing that a better color version is just a few month´s ahead. Or do all new backs will get this new tech right away?
I would think that P1 will see how this TRI back works out. Is it the MFD KING? Will it trump the IQ3100 in all aspects? If so then I think the TRI platform will be P1 only offering in the 100MP world, maybe along with a TRI 100 basic configuration like the IQ1 100.
I don't see P1 keeping both the IQ3100 and the TRI...Do you?? I think it offers a BIG dilemma to the potential buyer. "Do I buy the awesome IQ3100 or do I buy the awesome TRICHROMATIC that has better color. WAIT!!! If it has better color then whats wrong with the color on the IQ3100???"...Do ya'll understand where I'm going with this??

Doug, I thought you were done with P1!!

DougDolde

"Doug, I thought you were done with P1!!"

I am done upgrading the back. It's priced in second mortgage territory.