The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50 adaptors

rollsman44

Pentax 645 lenses to GFX, Some have said that Fotodiox is night tight enough and too much slack. So not sure which are the better ones to use. Thanks

tcdeveau

Hi Dennis,
Have you checked with the GFX group on Facebook that is affiliated with fujirumors.com? I'm sure you can find answers to your questions there if no one here can
-Todd

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Me too wrt to the Fotodiox Mamiya adapter.

Ultimately though if you want the very best quality adapters, Novoflex is the way to go. You tend to get what you pay for.

rollsman44

I read the reviews on this lens. ITS HEAVY. Are there any other lenses that you can recommend. What about Pentax 645 A Lenses? They are less expensive and lighter. Thank you

princepollux

I have the Fotodiox Pentax 645 to GFX. The adapter is very well made, mounting it feels very smooth and easy, and the tripod extension helps a lot. I use it with P645 A 150 f/3.5 and P645 A 120 Macro. Both work very well and are plenty sharp. Activating magnification works differently than with the Fuji lenses (where you simply rotate the focusing ring). Here you first put the shooting selector on M then click (push down) the tiny semi-wheel just below the Oled screen, then turn it with your thumb to start the magnification. You can get a Pentax A 150 f3.5 for less than US$150 and a Pentax 645 A 120 Macro (a stellar lens) for less than US$ 250, which is -10% of the Fuji 120 M's SRP. The Pentax 645 A 35mm is a great lens and works very well on the GFX but I have the zoom so no need for it, at least for the moment. The A 200mm can also be had for a song. The 300mm f/4 should work well too. I owned the FA 150-300mm at one point but my copy was not very good at the long end.

I read the reviews on this lens. ITS HEAVY. Are there any other lenses that you can recommend. What about Pentax 645 A Lenses? They are less expensive and lighter. Thank you