The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture one user error ( me) help

Eric Reschly

I was recently strongly encouraged to download Capture One since it was free to use with my aptus 22 digital back.
The download went smoothly. I loaded up the software and started a session with a file of pictures uploaded.
I can look at the pictures and zoom in and out. But the adjustment sliders are not functioning. It appears I can make no adjustments to the image.
I am sure this is a simple user error but after looking at the phase one tutorials I still cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
eric (hopeless newby. Lol)

Eric Reschly

Eric Reschly

As far as I remember the Leaf Aptus files has to be shot as compressed files or it wont work in Capture One. In the info tab in Capture One the format should be RAW. If it is MOS it is uncompressed and wont work.

Peter

Edit: take a look here https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12121
This is likely the problem as I shot uncompressed so it will open in Lightroom. I thought uncompressed was the raw version but I was wrong. So much to learn.

Is there a way to convert uncompressed back to a raw file so it will work in capture 1?

M

mjr

I'd be tempted to stick with lightroom until you get used to it a little more, the advantage to paying for C1 Pro is you will get amazing results from your Nikon too! Don't lose sight of the fact that this is meant to be fun, before worrying about getting the maximum from it, get used to handling it, composing the shots you want and shooting lots with it, you can return to processing the shots you like at a later date once you get C1 sorted. In case you didn't know, there is no difference between the download for the DB version and the Pro version, you just need to input the Pro licence key once you've paid for it.

Have fun, the learning experience is all part of the fun!

Mat

Eric Reschly

Did you download C1 Pro or DB?

Pro is the only version that supports the Aptus 22 per P1's website, and Pro is not the free version like DB is.

Just curious.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Software/Capture-One-Pro/Supported-Cameras.aspx

Paul Caldwell
After some investigating, I found that indeed the aptus 22 is not free with the DB software. Once I authorized the free Pro trial everything functioned fine.

The uncompressed and compressed files both worked fine.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Besides not getting to use Capture One free as I hoped problem is solved.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Doug, NOT a "screw job." The Aptus 22 was NOT one of "theirs" -- it was a dedicated Leaf product and they were totally separate companies at the time it was marketed. They have since affiliated, but that is now and the Aptus 22 was then...

P1 doesn't screw anybody -- they simply choose what cams they wish to support. And since their software is so damn good, in the narrow and competitive DB market place they are smart to do it.

Eric Reschly

Thats a screw job by P1 but par for the course

It ought to work free it's one of theirs
It's okay I don't mind paying for good stuff. It's just I was happy with Lightroom. Now I have been working with c1 and really like it. Now I have to spend money I didn't think I was going to have to. Lol!