The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider 47mm f/5.6 Apo Digitar Digital XL usable for IQ3100?

Kinya28

I am looking for a lens to fill between Rodie 32mm HR and 70mm for my Cambo WRS1600/IQ3100.
Rodie 40 or 50HR was my first choice but it is too pricy, at least for now. I am wondering Schneider 47mm f/5.6 Apo Digitar Digital XL instead. I understand Rodie 40 or 50mm HR has better IQ but how good (or bad?) is Schneider 47mm XL? Is it usable for IQ3100? Should I wait till I can afford Rodie 40 or 50mm HR (don't know how soon or ever come) or I can enjoy relatively affordable Schneider 47mm now?

Appreciate your thought for this.

Kinya

Alkibiades

47 mm digitar is not bad lens but on 80 mp back I see clear difference to modern lenses like 40-50 roddies or schneider 43-60 mm digitars. So you can use it on 100 back but it will be not the sharpest one- some post will be needed. You will see clear difference to a 32 mm digaron afcourse. maybe schneder 43 mm would be the right lens for you, it is cheaper then the digarons and absolutly on the same level of sharpness.