The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji Price Reductions

vjbelle

I am amazed that there has been no mention here about the lens price reduction of 20% on Fuji lenses for the GFX. I still haven't bitten that bullet but this is just very tempting. I haven't a clue as to the reasoning.

Cheers......

Victor

Gerd

This is a normal end-of-year action. At least here in Germany. This applies not only to lenses but also to the body and bundles (GFX + XY lens).

The action will run until mid-January 2018.

Greeting Gerd

vjbelle

Only lenses here in the US. If it included the body then that would be a done deal for me.

Victor

Gerd

that's the way it is. To my knowledge, the action is in Europe and the USA. The action also includes smaller Fuji models. But not all traders - with us - participate in the action. Since you have to look please ...

I saved about 600.- Euro when buying the 110mm F2.

Probably this is also a reason why Pentax at the time the prices for the 645Z lowers.

Greeting Gerd

PS: The problem is - the Fuji website are currently offline and I can not check.
PPS: Fuji Action in Germany at Calumet LINK:

vjbelle

Paul..... you can see the price reductions on Fuji lenses on both Adorama and B&H sites. I am so tempted......

Victor

vjbelle

Graham..... you are so right. Although only one lens and body qualifies for the super discount. All other lenses are at the 20% discount. Tempting, tempting...... Has nothing to do with money but whether or not I will actually use this stuff. I need another glass of wine.......:)

Victor

Paul2660

I sure would look at it, especially with the current savings.

Yesterday, I was out chasing fall color, in a light rain for most of the day. I had both the XF100 and GFX, and quickly realized the P1 was not coming out due to the rain. Use of the GFX, is so simple, and for me the layout which follows other x cameras is so easy to use. Fuji has done an amazing job with the optics, I would easily state that they are in line with the Schneider glass in resolution, (50MP vs 100MP), but it's easy to see that the Fuji lenses can get to 100MP, as often the images taken with the GFX seem over sharp to me, a first.

The one thing I come back to over and over, is the LCD. Use of a tilting screen makes things for me just so much more easy and fun to shoot, opening up so many more angles to shoot. Sure you can do it with a P1, but getting down low, with my knees and back, just not happening like it used to. Hand holding easy also. I also still find that I prefer a good EVF over a optical finder, especially on MF.

I finally figured out how to get to ISO 50, as the manual is not very clear on this, and at 50, I see no loss of overall dynamic range, so a nice feature to consider. And unlike the x-trans cameras, you can still get a raw file at 50 where as the X-trans cameras drop to jpg (ISO 200 to 100).

I personally love multiple AF points, as they offer so many more options at least for my style of shooting.

Camera is light, (I use the Cambo smart L bracket) so very little additional weight and no problem with getting to the battery door. It's also obviously very water resistant. I had more than enough direct drops on both camera and various lenses, that would have be problematic for the Phase. I am just not going to even attempt use of any P1 back in such conditions, as just one drop hitting between the back and XF could be enough to cause a problem.

Anyway, for sure a great platform, and when the 100MP chip/camera comes next year, things could get very interesting.

Paul Caldwell

docdave37

A number of people I know, including myself, were hoping to see some type of price reduction on the Hasselblad X1D. It has been out over a year with no discounts at all. Is it selling so strongly that a price correction would not be entertained ?

It just seems a bit too high, especially compared to the Fuji. All the other companies seem to be implementing discounts, e.g. Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, etc..

Curious if anyone has heard any rumor.

Thanks.

DAVE

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
TBH I am surprised that Fuji is offering discounts at all. I suppose that with the amount of lens adapters out there it’s certainly in their interest to get people buying into their lens system though. I’m kind of bummed out since I’ve got all the lenses I need at the moment aside from the forthcoming GF 250 & teleconverter which aren’t due until next year.

As Paul mentioned, I’d rate the Fuji lenses right up there against my Phase One / Schneider lenses. :thumbup:

nikonf

Paul,

I just ordered the GFX 50S with the 120mm Macro and saved myself $1500!

Thanks for pointing out the savings.

I love a tilting screen on a mirror-less camera.

You and I have similar taste in equipment and I am very much looking forward to using this camera.

Cheers,
Mike

I sure would look at it, especially with the current savings.

Yesterday, I was out chasing fall color, in a light rain for most of the day. I had both the XF100 and GFX, and quickly realized the P1 was not coming out due to the rain. Use of the GFX, is so simple, and for me the layout which follows other x cameras is so easy to use. Fuji has done an amazing job with the optics, I would easily state that they are in line with the Schneider glass in resolution, (50MP vs 100MP), but it's easy to see that the Fuji lenses can get to 100MP, as often the images taken with the GFX seem over sharp to me, a first.

The one thing I come back to over and over, is the LCD. Use of a tilting screen makes things for me just so much more easy and fun to shoot, opening up so many more angles to shoot. Sure you can do it with a P1, but getting down low, with my knees and back, just not happening like it used to. Hand holding easy also. I also still find that I prefer a good EVF over a optical finder, especially on MF.

I finally figured out how to get to ISO 50, as the manual is not very clear on this, and at 50, I see no loss of overall dynamic range, so a nice feature to consider. And unlike the x-trans cameras, you can still get a raw file at 50 where as the X-trans cameras drop to jpg (ISO 200 to 100).

I personally love multiple AF points, as they offer so many more options at least for my style of shooting.

Camera is light, (I use the Cambo smart L bracket) so very little additional weight and no problem with getting to the battery door. It's also obviously very water resistant. I had more than enough direct drops on both camera and various lenses, that would have be problematic for the Phase. I am just not going to even attempt use of any P1 back in such conditions, as just one drop hitting between the back and XF could be enough to cause a problem.

Anyway, for sure a great platform, and when the 100MP chip/camera comes next year, things could get very interesting.

Paul Caldwell