The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D with tele lens

stngoldberg

I use that setup very often with my 100mpx Phase One back.
The HC300 is one of my favorite lenses and doesn’t suffer with the 1.7 extender pictured in your post
Stanley

hcubell

I use that setup very often with my 100mpx Phase One back.
The HC300 is one of my favorite lenses and doesn’t suffer with the 1.7 extender pictured in your post
Stanley
I agree about the HC 300mm lens. I have used it with both an IQ180 and the X1D. However, my experience with the 1.7 adapter is not favorable. However, I found there was a significant penalty in image quality with the converter when I used it with my H2 and a digital back. Unclear how much of that is a matter of focus inaccuracy because it is difficult to achieve perfect focus with an H2 and no Live View. I haven't tried it yet with the X1D, which does allow for very precise focusing.

stngoldberg

yes, live view is very helpful
Here is an image I posted elsewhere using the 1.7 extender on the HC 300
Stanley

Thanks, I will try it. On the X1D, the 300HC and the 1.7x converter is the equivalent of a 400mm tele lens.
You may want to test out a different adapter or send it in to make sure everything is aligned correctly, if yours isn't good on the X1D either. Mine has been perfect on the 100 2.2.

jng

Not nearly as big but perhaps a touch more stable (w/Fotodiox adapter and RRS long rail kit):

24846617907_77c45717af_k.jpg

John