The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is anyone using the Leica Rangemaster for their tech-cam?

JohnBrew

Or any other brand for that matter. And if so, does it work okay in bright sunlight?
Reason I ask is that my Leica Disto is quite erratic. I'm thinking that being able to view the target through the unit should be a fix for my problems.
Thanks for all replies.

dchew

I don’t because of the close range limit. From the website I couldn’t find a close limit, but it does say in the accuracy spec, “10-200m +-0.5m”.

I don’t think that will cut it. I have a Leupold that has a minimum range of 6 yds. I found it pretty useless for focus distance. Although it’s no Leica!

Dave

dchew

It does work well in bright sunlight though. If you are thinking of it as a compliment to the disto for those longer distances, then yes I think it would work well.

You can have my Leupold if you want. I haven’t used either in some time with LV on the 3100.

Dave

Don Libby

I had used one in the early stages of getting used to a tech cam however after about a year I found I used it less and less. I began using a tech cam with a P45 years ago ending with an IQ 180 so this was all prior to having great live view. And I also found it difficult to use in bright daylight with the aid of a disk on or near the subject for the laser to focus on.