The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D with 3rd party lens

abed

So simple and so beatiful,

A Friend of mind asks about the location of the picture. Could you provide some info? (genral like country etc)
Great job.
Thank you for the compliment. As for location, it is simply my home in the hills over the bay of Jounieh in Lebanon.

I will be shooting other picts with different M lenses and will post.

abed

Thank you for the compliment. As for location, it is simply my home in the hills over the bay of Jounieh in Lebanon.

I will be shooting other picts with different M lenses and will post.
Here is another shot with Elmarit 28 mm. Picture not cropped, and one can see the level of vignetting particularly on the lower left size where all details turn gray.

Another very important thing I noticed shooting with an M adapter using ES: power consumption is very much less than with XC lenses. This implies that shutter and diaphragm draw major amount of power from the battery.

Attachments

CAMBOUSA

I just came across a FB post from Cambo USA announcing plans for Hasselblad V lens adapters for both the X1D and GFX mounts.
I was just coming here to mention this. Sorry guys, I've been slacking on my GetDPI duties lately.

I should have more info in the coming weeks.

I've also asked about support for additional legacy lenses, at this time nothing new on the horizon, but as always I can guarantee that the HQ R&D team does keep an eye on this forum for ideas.

jng

I was just coming here to mention this. Sorry guys, I've been slacking on my GetDPI duties lately.

I should have more info in the coming weeks.

I've also asked about support for additional legacy lenses, at this time nothing new on the horizon, but as always I can guarantee that the HQ R&D team does keep an eye on this forum for ideas.
Thanks, Blake. As I mentioned to you previously on FB, an integrated tripod mounting foot would be great as some of the old V lenses are quite heavy and I imagine most shooting - at least for the X1D - will be done with the electronic shutter in any case.

John

DB5

Hi Joe, it's the Kipon adaptor.

Very nice - have you tried all these lenses and can comment on how well it works? I seem to recall you have a Noctilux, do you try it? Cropped down to 40MP, or whatever, is it otherwise OK?

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Kipon has a X1D / Pentax P67 adapter ...

I had great success with P67 lenses on the Leica S series cameras.

Here are a few captures ... low light ... hand-held with the P67 Macro 100.

Hasselblad 4116 Pentax P67 Macro 100 F 4

Regards,

Bob

jng

Joe,

Thanks for the heads-up on the new Fotodiox adapters for the X1D. I already use Fotodiox adapters for mating my V lenses to Nikon F and Sony E-mount. They are built reasonably well, and the integrated tripod foot is a nice feature considering the heft of these lenses. I hear the X1D calling my name and the voices are getting louder! :bugeyes:

John

jng

The Fotodiox adapter works well for me for using my V system CF lenses on the X1D. On my copy at least the flange to sensor distance is a little short, perhaps by design, which ensures being able to hit infinity focus but not at each lens's hard infinity stop (for those that have them). The integrated tripod foot is a plus although there seems to be some flex so I would recommend using additional support for the longer lenses.

John

rent

Thank-you so much for posting those raw files with the 17 TS-E Alex. What aperture were those shot at? On the full shift image the vignetting isn't that bad and sharpness looks pretty good to me on the middle 2/3 of the frame.

rent

The building was at f/8, the salt formations f/11.

Alex

Thank-you so much for posting those raw files with the 17 TS-E Alex. What aperture were those shot at? On the full shift image the vignetting isn't that bad and sharpness looks pretty good to me on the middle 2/3 of the frame.

gmfotografie

The X1D with the Kippon and the old Sonar 150mm --- I´m absolutely impressed about the quality - even with eShutter.
You cannot see the fine details but believe me - it is really really great !

B0000494.jpg

CAMBOUSA

Interesting. Cambo too. Does it have any kind of aperture control and auto lens cocking?
It is just a basic adaptor designed to mate the legacy lenses to the X1D body. No cocking or ability to fire the shutter.

This is designed to work using the electronic shutter and not with the shutters built into the lenses themselves.

They are shipping and available from any of the Cambo USA dealers (for everyone US Based), and should be available from your local dealer (if based abroad).

Steve C

It is just a basic adaptor designed to mate the legacy lenses to the X1D body. No cocking or ability to fire the shutter.

This is designed to work using the electronic shutter and not with the shutters built into the lenses themselves.

They are shipping and available from any of the Cambo USA dealers (for everyone US Based), and should be available from your local dealer (if based abroad).
Is there a similar product to mate Hasselblad V-series lenses to a Cambo Wide RS camera? I would love to have this or an adapter to mate Pentax 67 lenses to the WRS. I think there are enough Cambo users to justify this simple adapter.

jng

Is there a similar product to mate Hasselblad V-series lenses to a Cambo Wide RS camera? I would love to have this or an adapter to mate Pentax 67 lenses to the WRS. I think there are enough Cambo users to justify this simple adapter.
Steve,

There is. Look up Litz-Studio on eBay. I had one - it worked great with my 250 Superachromat but I sent it back owing to the inability to hit infinity focus on my 180 CF (there's no hard infinity stop on the Superachromats). Others here are using it on the Cambo and are quite happy from what I understand. From my experience, the build quality otherwise is excellent and the seller honorable.

If anyone from Cambo is checking in here: a V system lens adapter for the WRS would be great (there's already one for the Actus). Even better to have leaf shutter control as there is on the Hassy Flexbody, which appears to be repurposed onto Litz's adapter.

John