The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best XCD lens for X1D?

svenlarson1978

Got a X1D recently from a "friend" but as a token of humility, he is making me get the lens myself.

My thought is that he either didn't know about buying a kit or that he grabbed whatever he could when he got me the X1D.

Thoughts?

SrMphoto

All XCD lenses are great, I have 30mm, 45mm, and 90mm. You should pick the lens for the focal length that you prefer. My most used lens is 45mm, followed by 90mm.

tcdeveau

All XCD lenses are great, I have 30mm, 45mm, and 90mm. You should pick the lens for the focal length that you prefer. My most used lens is 45mm, followed by 90mm.
+1

I also have the 30, 45, 90. They’re all great. Pick your preferred focal length, alternatively go with your budget. The 45 is cheapest and most compact so could be a good place to start based on those two factors.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I have the 30 and the 90. They are both great but I am utterly addicted to the 30. I use the X1D and 30 as many people use a Sony RX1 or Leica Q. It's my travel go-to and my current favourite combo.

BTW enjoy the X1D and try the following: set the touchscreen to allow touch-to-focus on the left hand side and then use the tip of your nose to move the focus point. I do this all the time, without blistering my nose. It's like having another hand.

algrove

I have the 30 and the 90. They are both great but I am utterly addicted to the 30. I use the X1D and 30 as many people use a Sony RX1 or Leica Q. It's my travel go-to and my current favourite combo.

BTW enjoy the X1D and try the following: set the touchscreen to allow touch-to-focus on the left hand side and then use the tip of your nose to move the focus point. I do this all the time, without blistering my nose. It's like having another hand.
I can imagine that scene with your nose pressed against the LCD. What must people think from afar looking at that photographer doing that?

hcubell

I recommend the use a really good screen protector with that technique. [G]

svenlarson1978

Thanks for the tips! I'm getting the hang of the X1D these days.

I heard from a friend that Hasselblad had some cameras stolen? Is that true? Rumours of an inside job although no one would tell me more...

I recommend the use a really good screen protector with that technique. [G]