The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thoughts on IQ3 Trichromatic

0beone

Having had this back now for almost a week and using with Cambo WRS with Rodie's HR40 T/S & 70 and SK Super Symmar 120HM I have to say that I am very very impressed!
Never before in spite of having really good backs (which are still really good backs) have I been able to achieve the level of accuracy in colour straight out of camera that I now do.

For me I knew I needed to upgrade from the IQ260 and are very grateful the Trichromatic came along at a very fortuitous time in that cycle.
The colour of sky, foliage etc are just perfect without that veil of magenta which seemed to be a constant (though easily fixed in post). This back (at my age) will likely be the last one I have and I am just over the moon with what it can do...

Feeling very blessed!

PS. The SK Super-Symmar 120HM (very old lens) is one very stellar lens even on 100Mp - did a comparison in Melbourne with the Rodie 90 HRSW and you can hardly tell any difference except for the length.

Best to all
Frank

drunkenspyder

Having had this back now for almost a week and using with Cambo WRS with Rodie's HR40 T/S & 70 and SK Super Symmar 120HM I have to say that I am very very impressed!
Never before in spite of having really good backs (which are still really good backs) have I been able to achieve the level of accuracy in colour straight out of camera that I now do.

For me I knew I needed to upgrade from the IQ260 and are very grateful the Trichromatic came along at a very fortuitous time in that cycle.
The colour of sky, foliage etc are just perfect without that veil of magenta which seemed to be a constant (though easily fixed in post). This back (at my age) will likely be the last one I have and I am just over the moon with what it can do...

Feeling very blessed!

PS. The SK Super-Symmar 120HM (very old lens) is one very stellar lens even on 100Mp - did a comparison in Melbourne with the Rodie 90 HRSW and you can hardly tell any difference except for the length.

Best to all
Frank
I feel the same way. Most of my shooting has been with the Cambo [WRS1600] Canon adapter and Canon 17mm TS lens, or the SK120 Digitar N, or the P1 and 35LS.I love the P1 SK120M as well, but haven't shot it quite as much. Thrilled with this back. [And the Achromatic, too.]