The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

After the Autumn colors... inspire us!

dave.gt

There have been a few images posted about the end of Autumn. Beautiful, sad in a way, and yet, where there is an ending, there is always a new beginning.

Not only am I bored with the bleak landscapes around and the constant gear talk, but I have heard from so many other photographers that they are bored too. That is not the way it is supposed to be! We should be shooting and enjoying the new season!

So, inspire me! Inspire all of us! With the awesome MF equipment we love to use, why should we not share ideas and mages to inspire us to forsake hibernation and get moving? I need your ideas! We all need your ideas!

Abstracts? Florals? Macro? Sunsets? Winter activities? Family gatherings? Portraits? Sunrises and frost...like Deltona's recent images...

Let us light the way out of Dante's special place...:):):)

dave.gt

OK, out of sheer boredom whilst awaiting to head off to our family gathering. I decided to see how the vintage/antique christmas decoration would look with the 80mm lens:

Nutcracker and Tree Lights.jpg

Antique 1940s Snowman and Tree2.jpg

It is time to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air!:banghead:

dave.gt

Taken with MF film...
Thanks, JD,

THAT is my personal inspiration for the day! If I can get over this ugly sinus/head cold, and on my feet, I will head out to shoot with the 503xci. I really miss it!

Thanks for posting your beautiful images...:):);)

dchew

Wednesday's grays. I put waders on and started out into what is a very low reservoir level. I took one step too far: my left foot sunk 3 ft into the muck. Now to get that one out I need to pull up on my left foot, which puts all of my weight onto my right foot, forcing it down 3'-1" into the muck. You get the idea.

After 5 minutes I was exhausted going 5 feet horizontally and the worst ever stair stepping machine vertically. :eek:

Dave

jdphoto

Thanks, JD,

THAT is my personal inspiration for the day! If I can get over this ugly sinus/head cold, and on my feet, I will head out to shoot with the 503xci. I really miss it!

Thanks for posting your beautiful images...:):);)
Dave,
Thank you for the kind words. That will be my inspiration for the day!

Take echinacea, zinc, 1000mg Vitamin C and a little steam...

dave.gt

Wednesday's grays. I put waders on and started out into what is a very low reservoir level. I took one step too far: my left foot sunk 3 ft into the muck. Now to get that one out I need to pull up on my left foot, which puts all of my weight onto my right foot, forcing it down 3'-1" into the muck. You get the idea.

After 5 minutes I was exhausted going 5 feet horizontally and the worst ever stair stepping machine vertically. :eek:

Dave

Holy crap, Dave!

Wow, glad you extricated yourself from all of that, it can be very dangerous! I bet your heart rate went sky high... that is why I prefer not to be alone in the outdoors, I hope you a Plan B! So glad you made it and was able to share this image.

There is a subtle beauty to that period of transition from one season to another. One just hast to get out and observe, which is part of my problem. Hopefully, I will get out soon.:)

dave.gt

End of season photo from the aspen fields. Aspen trees have great structure.

Steven
Steven,

That inspires me to head north to the Smokies, maybe soon. I am wondering where I may find such a lovely location there.... much anticipation!:thumbup:

stevenfr

Steven,

That inspires me to head north to the Smokies, maybe soon. I am wondering where I may find such a lovely location there.... much anticipation!:thumbup:
From what I remember of the area the Parkway had some really nice structure shots of trees. I will post one of them from Spring time.

dave.gt

Yep, there ya go... never thought much about shooting bare trees in the winter. Now I have a whole new way to learn "seeing" during the cold of winter! Thanks!:grin:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I feel for you guys up north ... the height of the fall colors has just passed here ... I was engaged replacing fences so missed the best of it.

However I did have a chance today to wander the back ... playing with a Lee Landscape Filter set .... graduated smooth edge filter on the X1D 4116.
Do not think I will ever take it off ... really what this camera and sensor needs.

Hasselblad X1D 4116

Thanks,

Bob