The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX Raw

Don Libby

Agreed that it looks promising however I have to wait till Feb for the win version; until then I'll continue to run my files thru C1 after conversion. I've also been pleased with files I've gotten lazy with and just processed in Adobe ACR and PhotoShop.

Paul2660

From reading on this, it just seems to be a tethered tool to do a quick convert from RAF to a jpg or tif. From all I can tell you don't have the vast array of options that LR/Adobe or C1 offer. But I may be wrong, hard to tell from the limited material Fuji has provided.

As the cameras need a firmware update to use it, (all posted yesterday), I believe it's more a tethered solution.

Paul Caldwell

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I gave up on the C1 / DNG conversion route due to the colour profiles requiring too much work vs ACR -> Photoshop. ACR does a really nice job with the colour and other profile aspects of the Fuji files but still a total PIA having to use a different converter to my comfort space of Capture One that I use for every other camera system that I own (ok, perhaps not my Sigma Merrills :facesmack: )

Don Libby

I gave up on the C1 / DNG conversion route due to the colour profiles requiring too much work vs ACR -> Photoshop. ACR does a really nice job with the colour and other profile aspects of the Fuji files but still a total PIA having to use a different converter to my comfort space of Capture One that I use for every other camera system that I own (ok, perhaps not my Sigma Merrills :facesmack: )
I'm currently at 50% between C1 and ACR PhotoShop and tending more and more leaning ways from C1. Nice to see that someone else is as well. While C1 works it is a huge PIA to get it there. I thought I was just becoming lazy..

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm currently at 50% between C1 and ACR PhotoShop and tending more and more leaning ways from C1. Nice to see that someone else is as well. While C1 works it is a huge PIA to get it there. I thought I was just becoming lazy..
The process isn't ideal but that wasn't the issue for me. Basically ACR does a much better job in terms of getting great colour from the RAW files. Making C1 see the DNG as an IQx50 doesn't render colour as I want it so to fix that in C1 Pro took a lot of work and was never going to be as good as ACR plus also the other profile adaptions in ACR.

Don Libby

The process isn't ideal but that wasn't the issue for me. Basically ACR does a much better job in terms of getting great colour from the RAW files. Making C1 see the DNG as an IQx50 doesn't render colour as I want it so to fix that in C1 Pro took a lot of work and was never going to be as good as ACR plus also the other profile adaptions in ACR.
Since "you know who" just ordered one it'll be interesting to hear his take on processing. :cool: