The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 11 is here! New features and AppleScript Kit

Craig Stocks

Well, it didn't take long to find a problem. I upgraded to C1 Pro 11 (I also kept v10 installed) and created a new session to test with some existing files. Simple processing was fine but I am unable to process images. I received an error message ImgCoreSocket error (10060). I'm running on Windows 7. I have not tried rebooting.

I submitted a support ticket to P1.

Craig Stocks

Well, it didn't take long to find a problem. I upgraded to C1 Pro 11 (I also kept v10 installed) and created a new session to test with some existing files. Simple processing was fine but I am unable to process images. I received an error message ImgCoreSocket error (10060). I'm running on Windows 7. I have not tried rebooting.

I submitted a support ticket to P1.

After rebooting and testing again I received a warning from my anti-virus when I attempted to export. Once I added C1 11 as an approved app it works correctly.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Does C1 11 work with High Sierra? (10.2.1 seems to run fine...)
10.2.1 is "compatible" with High Sierra meaning they patched bugs related to High Sierra that they were aware of.

11.0 was developed from go with High Sierra as it's main target. It's also tested and compatible with Sierra, but High Sierra users were it's primary consideration.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The new layer support everywhere and layer opacity are really useful additions. It'll take a few minute to adjust to the new default layout of the controls but it's simple enough to build your own custom UI.

The duplicate checker makes easy work of importing cards with existing images on them. I still wish that there was a way to skip jpgs but maybe I'm missing something because I couldn't get that to work in beta 5, even when disabling jpg editing in preferences - maybe I missed something.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Can I still run version 10 on a different computer if I upgrade or do I have to upgrade all installations to 11?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You can install both versions on the same box. You'll upgrade sessions when you use C1 v11 just as you've done with previous upgrades.

I've been running the beta for a while and once I had the new layer capabilities I didn't look back. C1 v10 probably will be off my main machine once I've tested the release version.

aztwang

You can install both versions on the same box. You'll upgrade sessions when you use C1 v11 just as you've done with previous upgrades.

I've been running the beta for a while and once I had the new layer capabilities I didn't look back. C1 v10 probably will be off my main machine once I've tested the release version.
Well well, I'm impressed. Layers more precise and much more powerful. Haven't discovered all the rest of features but definately big feather in P1 hat!

LDJ

I still wish that there was a way to skip jpgs but maybe I'm missing something because I couldn't get that to work in beta 5, even when disabling jpg editing in preferences - maybe I missed something.
Hello Graham

I think this may achieve what you want:

Go to View > Global Filters, and select 'Always Hide JPEG Files' (there should be a checkmark next to the option when active)

This should prevent JPEG files from being shown in the import dialogue window. Be aware that this really is a global setting and will hide JPEG files in all areas of C1 and, therefore, it may not be appropriate for your particular workflow.

Hope this helps

Liam

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Appears the automask function is still pretty weak.

I was hoping the catalog would see some improvements. Even some little things, like the sync function being able to see and import subfolders would be nice.

RobbieAB

Does it run on Linux yet?

I may be being grumpy, but... Windows 10 is a complete no go for any serious workstation for me due to forced updates. Apple machines are currently a no go for me due to the lack of decent workstation options: Integrated monitors are something I am very unenthusiastic about.

This concern is what underpins a lot of my software decisions at this time.

If I am trying to be completely unreasonable I would ask does it run on non-Intel/AMD CPUs as I prefer not to have hardware backdoors built into my system. :p

But yeah, it looks a piece of progress for Capture One.