The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Fuji GFXr

etrigan63

If the prices are to be believed, this definitely puts it in my ballpark.

I am just wrapping up testing the X1D for two weeks for my review and while the handling was great, there was some wonky things going on trying the get the camera back to shooting mode. A half-press of the shutter did not always clear everything back to shooting mode. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, but I don't think getting the camera back into ready mode for shooting the next image should require the Aztec Suntan Dance.

I am going to try out the GFX 50s next, but from what I have read, it should be a bit more responsive. If the GFX 50r is a similar performer and priced as they claim, they may have my vote as I am now getting into large print fine-art photos.

Shashin

The X-Pro 2 viewfinder is a hybrid OVF/EVF. From what I understand you can use it as an OVF, an EVF, or both. This is what I envision Fuji doing with a GFX rangefinder style camera.

More info here: http://fujifilm-x.com/us/x-stories/advanced-hybrid-multi-viewfinder-of-x-pro2-part1/

Never used one but I always looked neat.
It is neat. You can also program the framelines for adapted lenses. And when you change among 3:2, 1:1, and 19:9, the frame lines change too. and the framelines correct for both parallax and magnification. The only downside is under very low light. The "black" in the projection is not perfectly black and so can washout the viewfinder. But that is very dark low contrast scenes like the night sky.

And having two viewfinder magnifications for short and longer focal length lenses is nice. You can also project all the common focal lengths to preview framing.

Fuji made a nice camera...

etrigan63

It is neat. You can also program the framelines for adapted lenses. And when you change among 3:2, 1:1, and 19:9, the frame lines change too. and the framelines correct for both parallax and magnification. The only downside is under very low light. The "black" in the projection is not perfectly black and so can washout the viewfinder. But that is very dark low contrast scenes like the night sky.

And having two viewfinder magnifications for short and longer focal length lenses is nice. You can also project all the common focal lengths to preview framing.

Fuji made a nice camera...
One would expect that as the "X-Pro 2's Big Brother" they might address the physical shortcomings of the OVF/EVF with a possible eye for the X-Pro 2s/3.