The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Schneider 72mm L f/5.6 APO-Digitar

sc_john

I currently use a Rodenstock 40HR with IQ3100 on my Cambo. I am considering adding a longer focal length. Any experiences/comments of the Schneider 72L APO Digitar with the 3100? Thanks.

John

TimG

I currently use a Rodenstock 40HR with IQ3100 on my Cambo. I am considering adding a longer focal length. Any experiences/comments of the Schneider 72L APO Digitar with the 3100? Thanks.

John
Yeah I have one for my Cambo WRS5000 and use it with an IQ260, it's a great lens - tiny, sharp and also cheap - I sent mine off to Cambo to have the tilt and swing movements added which isn't cheap, but worth it in my opinion.

If you want a new one let me know - I know someone who has some of the last remaining Schneider lenses in stock from before they stopped making them, she might still have one leftover .

vjbelle

Fabulous lens..... sharp and light as noted above. I got one of the last new ones from Linhof and am very pleased. Its just a little on the short side which could make it your 'very slightly wide normal' lens. Without a doubt one of the finest lenses I own.

Victor

John
Rock solid lens, buy with confidence! I use it with Alpa and its great.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Great lens. Small, light, and virtually distortion free without correction. We are still having new batches made for our DT RCam and iXG cameras for art reproduction so we have a lot of experience with them for 100mp sensors. If your intention is to use them for landscape/architecture with modest movement and an aperture like f/8-f/11 then I suspect you'll be very happy.

danlindberg

One of my all time favourite lenses. Lots to like! Small, light, lack of distortion, good at all distances (including extreme closups), flare resistant and great general rendering. On a Credo 60 back 12mm shift is perfect.

I can see myself using this as a travel-around-the-world single lens setup. (Alpa TC + Helvetar 75 + Credo 60)