The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 503 with digital back

bensonga

I'd go for the Aptus. 16 megapixels isn't much
I would certainly love to have more than 16mp for a square sensor digital back, but 16mp is enough for a 17x17 inch printed image at a native resolution of 240 dpi. I usually uprez to 360 dpi for printing with no apparent loss of print quality. Since my P800 is only a 17 inch wide printer, I can live with it.

Gary

dave.gt

Gary,

That is a really nice 503 CW you have. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

As I wind down from our 8 month pro bono work for stroke/injury/cancer survivors, including a 5-yr old brain cancer survivor, I have been longing for time and energy to shoot my 503cxi more with a free agenda, nothing structured.

Your CFV looks like a great way to go for me, I really have no idea why I would need more than 16-22mp, considering the end use for my 120 film images which is 12x12 books. Oh, and considering I am flat broke...:)... I have no idea why I am dreaming of a CFV!

Thanks, Dante!:thumbup::angry:

bensonga

Gary,

That is a really nice 503 CW you have. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

As I wind down from our 8 month pro bono work for stroke/injury/cancer survivors, including a 5-yr old brain cancer survivor, I have been longing for time and energy to shoot my 503cxi more with a free agenda, nothing structured.

Your CFV looks like a great way to go for me, I really have no idea why I would need more than 16-22mp, considering the end use for my 120 film images which is 12x12 books. Oh, and considering I am flat broke...:)... I have no idea why I am dreaming of a CFV!

Thanks, Dante!:thumbup::angry:

Keep the faith Dave....prices for the CFV-16 are coming down. :grin:

http://r.ebay.com/qt5opR

However, they will likely always be more expensive than a comparable Phase One P20+ or other 16-22mp backs.

Gary

bensonga

My wife has banned me from this thread.

Dave
LOL...threads like these can present many temptations. Sometimes, they are only tangentially related to the original topic.

I have a real weakness for Gitzo tripods. Seeing Hank's Gitzo with his 555 ELD etc in the photos above, I was reminded again that I didn't have a 5 series Gitzo. The Gitzo carbon fiber tripods are very nice of course, but the alloy tripods with that beautiful Hammertone type paint finish are my favorites. I found an aluminum alloy 5 series Tele Studex Compact Performance in mint/new condition. It is now on the way to Alaska. A mint geared center column is heading north to Alaska too. I'll mount my 503CW/CFV-16 on it and post a pic from "the field" here later.

Gary

PhiloFarmer

Ah...vintage Gitzo...there is really nothing like that quality! It's the mass...of course....to damp any vibrations.

But...the "feel"...is also an element.

I've been collecting and repairing them for more than 40+years...and I still drool when I see one I haven't either owned or repaired.

The carbon-fiber of course are wonderful (and I have numerous). And they're (generally...) lighter-weight.

But...When I have to get-in-the-mud...I go with my vintage models every time.....

Keep-the-faith.....

mostlylost

"Anxious to see somebody else headed for the poor house ? :)"

Hahaha! Nah, it is just the price of admission into Dante's Divine Comedy!
One is never poor when buying or creating art. Maybe just flat broke, though...:):):). I understand about the CFV... it would be a great choice!
Ok, I bought the CFV-16 to put on the 500 ELM. Arrives early next week.

I'm leaving now to stock up on Ramen Noodles. :)

dave.gt

Whoa!!!!!!!! That is too cool!:):):)

Congratulations, and I am happy to see one of our colleagues suffering for his art, LOL! You must post pictures of your new acquisition!

A truly Happy New Year to you!!!'

bensonga

Congratulations and welcome to the world of medium format digital! I'm sure you will enjoy the CFV-16! :thumbs:

Gary

DB5

Bob I didn't think it would but thought I would ask here first. Thanks for the info

Neil
The CFV-50c back will fit your V camera.

There is apparently a new CFV back coming. Not sure which sensor though.

Otherwise it's a case of searching for an older back from Phase One, Leaf, Imacon, Kodak etc. Has to state that it's V mount.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The CFV-50c back will fit your V camera.

There is apparently a new CFV back coming. Not sure which sensor though.

Otherwise it's a case of searching for an older back from Phase One, Leaf, Imacon, Kodak etc. Has to state that it's V mount.
It does not have to be “older”

The Phase One IQ350 and IQ380 are both available in V mount, in new or refurbished condition.

DB5

It does not have to be “older”

The Phase One IQ350 and IQ380 are both available in V mount, in new or refurbished condition.
Thanks, I didn't realise that.

It's a shame the 100 isn't. And it's also a shame it's not in Contax mount, even the IQ1 100. The Contax is still so popular too.