The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 500 EL/M fuse

mostlylost

The only fuses I found on eBay of this type are $9.95 each :(. Is there a generic substitute or am I just stuck with this ?

Bernard

The Wildi manual says that it uses a "1.6 amp medium slow-blow fuse, 5x20 mm in size."

It seems to be a standard size and rating, available online for around a dollar each, in packs of 4 or 5. I'm sure any local electronics supply store would have stock as well.

mostlylost

The Wildi manual says that it uses a "1.6 amp medium slow-blow fuse, 5x20 mm in size."

It seems to be a standard size and rating, available online for around a dollar each, in packs of 4 or 5. I'm sure any local electronics supply store would have stock as well.
This was what I was thinking, but unfortunately anything electrical is one step removed from magic as far as I'm concerned :)

My problem was that all the versions I could find were rated 240 volts. I'm assuming this matters, but really haven't any idea what I'm talking about :)

ChrisLivsey

You can use a higher voltage rated fuse anywhere a lower voltage fuse is used, as long as the current rating is the same.
The fuse should have a T mark for slow blow (some are TT very slow) the purpose of this is to allow a spike of demand to pass but not a sustained current draw, the motor needs a "kick" to start then less to run. Slow blow are common in valve HiFi amps.
Buy more than one if your fuse has blown it is likely there is a fault that caused it and a replacement may just go straight away.There should be a spare stored in the battery chamber anyway, the Hasselblad product code was 56111.

mostlylost

You can use a higher voltage rated fuse anywhere a lower voltage fuse is used, as long as the current rating is the same.
The fuse should have a T mark for slow blow (some are TT very slow) the purpose of this is to allow a spike of demand to pass but not a sustained current draw, the motor needs a "kick" to start then less to run. Slow blow are common in valve HiFi amps.
Buy more than one if your fuse has blown it is likely there is a fault that caused it and a replacement may just go straight away.There should be a spare stored in the battery chamber anyway, the Hasselblad product code was 56111.
Excellent. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanx.

The camera has not even arrived yet, I just wanted to have the appropriate spares on hand.