The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XPAN Adapter

iiiNelson

Nice! The price is better than what Novoflex would charge!
Actually seems to be just about in line with Novoflex prices at around nearly $200USD (well from when I owned one) but this makes you wonder if Fuji will do the same for the GFX under the guise of a TX1/2 adapter for an even lower price. It would also be interesting to see if these lenses were re-issued for those that want small compact manual focus lenses. It could work judging how people adapt so frequently and companies like Zeiss and Voigtlander have cut out their own niche in the market.

Shashin

My understanding it that the X1D body has no shutter, so this would be used with the electronic shutter?

hcubell

Yes

Not good at the track.

Bob
However, the electronic shutter works way better than I would have expected for many applications, including landscape. I also expect that the next generation 100MP Sony sensor for the X1D will significantly improve the readout speed of the electronic shutter feature.

DougDolde

Seems like a present for people who already own XPan lenses. What would be the point of buying one over a native XCD lens?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
However, the electronic shutter works way better than I would have expected for many applications, including landscape. I also expect that the next generation 100MP Sony sensor for the X1D will significantly improve the readout speed of the electronic shutter feature.
Don't misunderstand ... the ES is fabulous ... but occasionally I get some very interesting distortions ... my fault not the shutter. Oh Lord to be 16 and know what I do today.

Bob

med

Nice to see that Hasselblad is actually catering to their user base a little bit and not just continuing g down the path of investment firm/marketing autobot that they were in in the Lunar/Stellar days.

Acknowledging that the lenses are discontinued, may not perform well, and are e-shutter only makes the product page seem like it was written by a real human.

Nice!

richardman

I have 2 XPan II, so this is a ~25 Megapixels XPan with ~1.5x "crop factor". You'll lose the super-wide look of the 30mm, but gain a telephoto!

docmoore

Honestly ...

New xpan crop with the 30 XCD ... better than any xpan shot I made with the XPan.

The XPan lenses had great contrast and sharpness ... the XCD lenses can hold their own.

The ability to do a xpan format at 8 x 24 inches 360 dpi is stunning.

But I agree that the more lenses available for the camera the better.

It really for me is a tech camera without all the drama.

Bob

docmoore

I have 2 XPan II, so this is a ~25 Megapixels XPan with ~1.5x "crop factor". You'll lose the super-wide look of the 30mm, but gain a telephoto!
True

One should note that the xpan crop with the XCD native lens is full width of the 30 ... just the height is truncated ... and I found that the crop in LR is moveable so you have ... rise and fall without
tilt.

A compelling ratio for landscapes whether crop or not.

I am very pleased with it.

Bob

Last edited:

richardman

The XPan lenses had great contrast and sharpness ... the XCD lenses can hold their own.

The ability to do a xpan format at 8 x 24 inches 360 dpi is stunning.

Bob
I have a Flextight. While we know that digital pixel is not the same as scanned pixels, at 360dpi, I can print 44 inches wide ;-)

docmoore

I used a H 343 scanner ... main problem was no decent lab to develop the film ... ended up spotting dust and scratches for hours.

Reality is in my use the DR and color fidelity of the Hasselblad digital cameras is good enough for my needs.

I still think that the xpan is a fabulous camera ... never wanted to deal with the weight and stress of the Linhoffs

Regards,

Bob

richardman

I used a H 343 scanner ... main problem was no decent lab to develop the film ... ended up spotting dust and scratches for hours.

Reality is in my use the DR and color fidelity of the Hasselblad digital cameras is good enough for my needs.

I still think that the xpan is a fabulous camera ... never wanted to deal with the weight and stress of the Linhoffs

Regards,

Bob
I have an 848. Since I shoot 4x5 for my projects, getting it makes sense and now it elevates all the film format I use to their highest'ish potentials so I am quite happy with it, but if someone drops a X1D on my door step, especially now with the XPan adapter, I would definitely not turn it down ;-)

Now imagine the 100MP X1D, then you would be getting a 50MP XPan image! or 75 V image... one can dream, ha ha

hcubell

I have an 848. Since I shoot 4x5 for my projects, getting it makes sense and now it elevates all the film format I use to their highest'ish potentials so I am quite happy with it, but if someone drops a X1D on my door step, especially now with the XPan adapter, I would definitely not turn it down ;-)

Now imagine the 100MP X1D, then you would be getting a 50MP XPan image! or 75 V image... one can dream, ha ha
Its not a dream!

Hausen

There is also the true 2x1 crop in the new settings as well which I think I will use more than the Xpan crop. Still miss my Linhof 612:(

Swissblad

Must admit, the combo of X1D and Span lenses looks quite cool.....now if somebody will loan me the $.........;)