The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using profoto B1 heads with X1D

ndwgolf

I have 2 profoto B1 heads with the Profoto Air remote and Profoto Nikon remote. Can anyone tell me if the Nikon one will work on the X1D??
Neil

fotografz

I'd be very interested in the answer to this myself. If Hasselblad should incorporate True Focus APL into this camera in future I may sell everything and consolidate it all into an XD1 system. I have extensive Profoto gear including some B1s and a B2 that I current use with a Profoto AIR Sony TTL remote.

If Hasselblad used the Nikon TTL protocols, I don't see why it wouldn't work ... but confirming that is a good idea.

- Marc

med

I'd be very interested in the answer to this myself. If Hasselblad should incorporate True Focus APL into this camera in future I may sell everything and consolidate it all into an XD1 system. I have extensive Profoto gear including some B1s and a B2 that I current use with a Profoto AIR Sony TTL remote.

If Hasselblad used the Nikon TTL protocols, I don't see why it wouldn't work ... but confirming that is a good idea.

- Marc
I have a B2, D2, and a Nikon remote... if someone were to give/lend me an X1D I’d be happy to test this out. “For the good of the community...” ;)

kdphotography

No idea if the TTL-N remote will work as a simple trigger, but certainly it should not be an issue to use the standard Profoto Air transceiver/remote with the X1D. No TTL in any event, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Chris1977

Both will work with the X1D. The Air Remote in manual and the Nikon one does TTL on the X1D.
I have 2 profoto B1 heads with the Profoto Air remote and Profoto Nikon remote. Can anyone tell me if the Nikon one will work on the X1D??
Neil