The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-16 actuation count & Hasselblad Tech service :)

mostlylost

This ended up being a sort of Lord of the Rings quest, but I finally got it, no thanx to Hasselblad Tech Service. On enquiring how one displays the actuation count on a CFV-16, I received this reply from Hasselblad Technical Service :)

"Since there is no shutter on the digital back, there is no way to get a shot count."

Which I thought some might find an interesting response. If they don't want me mucking about in the Service Menu I'm ok with that, they just need to say so.

However, I couldn't seem to figure it out either either :( There are a couple of threads, and I'm generally good at following other people's directions (you develop that skill after a certain number of years of marriage), but I still had trouble. After finally getting it down I thought I'd document the procedure with images incase another thumblethumb buys one of these things in the future and searches for the same information.

The thread on this site says
1) open the menu
2) hold down the "i" button and
3) simultaneously use the direction pad to navigate to the Settings and
4) use the direction pad to move to the right and you will indeed see some additional options not normally available.
5)navigate to Service and press the direction pad to the right
6)navigate to Information and press the direction pad to the right
At this point you will see some text information beginning with the back's serial number. This is where I had a brain fart.
Duh. You need to use the direction pad to scroll down and you will eventually, at the very bottom, reveal the information for which you seek.

Having said that, there seems to be some reason to think the information presented is inaccurate.
When I bought the back, the seller sent me a photo of the screen showing the shot count as 923. On the last photo you'll note that when I checked the shot count it read 516.

In the menu there is also an option to download a text file with some diagnostic information and it appears to indicate the shot count as 19,000 something or the other. As this makes more sense in view of the run time being 39 DAYS, I'm more inclined to believe that it is correct. Still, noting but speculation on my part so make of it what you will.

Should somebody actually know what they are talking about regarding this issue I would appreciate having them straighten me out.

Sorry for the blurry iPhone images, I just got the back and I'm giddy with excitement :)

IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0019.JPGIMG_0023.JPGIMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:

rmueller

Thanks for sharing and have lots of fun with the back. Still love the images coming out of this back, the "look" is somehow special and has character. I'd never give away the CFV-16.

Cheers,
Ralf