The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to Remove Half the Features of a P0h

Godfrey

I agree: I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and am marveling at the ingenuity displayed. Who cares if a Retail Therapy Solution now exists!

To date, with my equipment and the work I've done with it, I've had no complaints about the P0h either with respect to use or stability. Perhaps I'm not critical enough, and perhaps I'm not one taken to heading out to a windy crag to make photographs.

The only mod to mine I had done was to have Rod Klukas disable the panning top's rotational detents as I found they made precise movements more jerky than I liked when in the detents' neighborhood. The tall stem and tall goniometer stack hasn't proved to be an issue. I'm happy. :)

G

JonMo

I think you should finish the project!
A leveller with just a dove tail on the bottom is a great tool in itself.
Besides; visual instructions on how to take ANYTHING apart are too precious to democracy as whole!
:)

anwarp

Dave

Thank you for pointing me to this post of yours! I was able to open my P0 hybrid and adjust the tension of the stiff goniometer just above the ball head..

Best wishes,

Anwar

And how to adjust minimum ball tension, all while probably killing your warranty in the process.