The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which 50-60mm lens for 100mp on a tech cam/ view camera body

JK12

Hi guys- Which 50-60mm lens would you guys suggest for 100mp on a tech cam/ view camera? Thanks

Last edited:

Jamgolf

Re: Which 55-60mm lens for 100mp on a tech cam/ view camera body

Hi guys- Which 55-60mm lens would you guys suggest for 100mp on a tech cam/ view camera body?
The only options as far as I know are:
1. Rodenstock 55mm (can be purchased new)
2. Schneider 60mm XL (if you can find one)

Between these two, 60XL is clearly superior but unfortunately Schneider exited this market.

Another very worthy option (although not in 55-60mm range) is the Rodenstock 50HR which I think is optically excellent.

Good luck!

jagsiva

I don't think you can beat the Schneider 60XL, it the IC is also huge. I would keep looking until one turns up. I've seen a couple come along in the past few months.

JK12

Thanks Jamgolf I’ll look into those suggestions and 50mm will do as well.

JK12

I don't think you can beat the Schneider 60XL, it the IC is also huge. I would keep looking until one turns up. I've seen a couple come along in the past few months.
Thanks Jagsiva and Jamgolf- I’m looking to spend $2500 at most, used. I’ll probably get myself, either a Cambo Actus or Arca Swiss Universalis. Hope this info helps. I’m really looking forward to using a view camera again.

Jamgolf

Rodenstock 55mm can be bought well within your budget.
It is actually quite good, just that 60XL and 50HR are better.
I think you would be quite happy with it.