The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone using the *new* Canon T/S lenses on MF yet?

narikin

The new generation of Canon TS lenses came out in November - anyone here been using them on MF as yet? (eg Alpa FPS w adapter)

Looking for some feedback on the medium and longer ones 50/90/135mm?

Alpa has something up on their site, its useful, but focusing is off on some. Looks like the 90 and 135 are best if you still want to shift or tilt on full MF sensor, but it appears the resolution drops a lot in corners (hard to tell from Alpa samples). If you don't want to shift or tilt, then they cover 40x54 very well, but... these are t/s lenses so not being able to do that makes them far less useful, obviously.

marc aurel

The new generation of Canon TS lenses came out in November - anyone here been using them on MF as yet? (eg Alpa FPS w adapter)

Alpa has something up on their site, its useful, but focusing is off on some. Looks like the 90 and 135 are best if you still want to shift or tilt on full MF sensor, but it appears the resolution drops a lot in corners (hard to tell from Alpa samples). If you don't want to shift or tilt, then they cover 40x54 very well, but... these are t/s lenses so not being able to do that makes them far less useful, obviously.
I tested the TS-E 90mm L Macro on the Fuji GFX: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4245696
Amazing lens. Still wait for the TS-E 50mm which is delayed for unknown reason.

I can report that the 50 and 90 cover the sensor for full frame MFDBs (100MP Phase One) but the 135 does not fully cover. In regard to sharpness, the 50 and 90 and about the same in sharpness and usable movement (5-7mm WITH LCC Correction) as the 24 and 17. Very usable and excellent flare control. I have tested them on the FPS and own the 50mm. I returned the 90mm since it didn't fall where I really needed it and 135 was returned for lack of coverage.

narikin

I can report that the 50 and 90 cover the sensor for full frame MFDBs (100MP Phase One) but the 135 does not fully cover. In regard to sharpness, the 50 and 90 and about the same in sharpness and usable movement (5-7mm WITH LCC Correction) as the 24 and 17. Very usable and excellent flare control. I have tested them on the FPS and own the 50mm. I returned the 90mm since it didn't fall where I really needed it and 135 was returned for lack of coverage.
Interesting, thanks. Surprised to hear that about the 135mm. On Alpa sample page it looks ok for coverage, but maybe the resolution is bad at the edges. Shame as that's really my #1 choice length. 90 useful, but I have the Roddie 90HRSW, which as everyone agrees, is stupendous, so really there's no need for another 90, unless you must have a faster aperture, or some similar reason.