The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 55mm Apo-Sironar Digital, 55 Grandagon or Mamaiya RZ 50mm for Cambo Actus?

Viewmaster

Hi all,

Wondering which of these three might be the better choice around this focal length for the Cambo Actus GFX?

Even though the Grandagon is a film lens I've heard it's not bad on digital and pretty close to the Apo-Sironar Digital. I don't know if anyone has tried it on the Cambo GFX set up though.

I haven't heard much at all on how well the RZ lenses work on Cambo.

Anyone tried any of these on this setup (or similar setup)? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

MrSmith

I had heard the apo-grandagon in 55 and 75 were good for small digital sensors too so would be interested in seeing the results.
The other option would be a 60 apo-digitar to if that's not too long? I'm currently using an apo-rodagon 60mm enlarging lens which is good but not quite in the digitar class and not as big an image circle.
I tried a 45 but it will not focus on the actus.

Ben730

I use the Rodenstock 55mm Apo-Sironar Digital with a P1 IQ50 and it's sharp (F8-F11) with a huge image circle.
A very useful lens, but the Rodie 23, 28 + 32 look a little bit crisper.
The Mamiya SEKOR Z 50mm f/4.5 W, I had 20 years ago, for film and I didn't like it.

Regards,
Ben

Geoff

+1 for the 55 Apo Sironar on a Credo 60. Its not quite the quality of the later Schneider 60mm Asph, but its quite nice, generous and a good value.