The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does Lightroom support Hasselblad H6D-100 FFF files?

HiroshiS

I am using Phocus as my main raw processor for my H6D-100 files but would like to use Lightroom to manage my photos/files.
Adobe states that "Hasselblad FFF files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also supported."
However, I constantly have trouble with the FFF files from my H6D in Lightroom. Whereas a majority of files are imported without issues, sometimes the import doesn't work at all (import stalls forever in LR) or after a successful import a file can no longer be edited.
Anyone who can help?

Last edited:

mkerouac

Yes, LR supports the H6D100c files. They convert to .rrr when imported. LR does sometimes struggle with the file sizes. I often have a few images out of 500 imports that are corrupted. You can see preview but can't edit. Some plugins choke on the file size too. Imagenomic as an example. Imports are slower, changes process more slowly and things like zooming in can spin for a bit.

danord

The H6D-100c files work very well in Lightroom. As mkerouac points out, they are quite large, and sometimes Lightroom struggles a little. I have, however, not experienced the troubbles with files that won't open. My only concern is that handling sometimes takes a little time, especially when you stitch multi-image panos. You would probably want good specs on your computer, with at least 32GB ram....

hcubell

Yes, LR supports the H6D100c files. They convert to .rrr when imported. LR does sometimes struggle with the file sizes. I often have a few images out of 500 imports that are corrupted. You can see preview but can't edit. Some plugins choke on the file size too. Imagenomic as an example. Imports are slower, changes process more slowly and things like zooming in can spin for a bit.
I have the same issue on most imports....a few .fff files cannot be opened and edited in LR. I get an "End of File" error message. However, the file can still be opened in Phocus and exported as a TIFF.

HiroshiS

I have done some more testing and it is clearly a bug with LR. The same fff files that I cannot import open well on a different computer with the same version of LR. Also, the problem seems only to appear if LR had previously imported files in the same session. Once I force quit and re-open the import works well. I have deleted and reinstalled LR but that didn't help. So far my only workaround is to close and then restart LR just prior to a new import....
I will post on the Adobe support forum and hopefully get some answers there.