The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

e wipes can't be shipped ?

mostlylost

I visited the B & H site to order another box of e wipes. As they were recommended by Hasselblad for the CV-16 back I had no occasion to consider an alternative product and now it looks like I can't get any more.

B & H has them in stock but they are only available for in store pickup. Apparently there is something in them that is a problem for the shippers.

Adorama appears to have dropped them altogether.

I called the manufacturer and after the phone rang and rang and rang I got a kinda cryptic recording saying to leave a message and they would get back to me. I rather got the impression they were out of business.

The salesman at B & H suggested an alternative product from Mayma https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/725118-REG/Mamiya_913_145_Sensor_Cleaning_Wipes_10.html but it's something with I'm not familiar.

I've always used Eclipse and Sensor Swabs for my other cameras and found them to be excellent. I've never used their Pec Pads with Eclipse but I suppose that's what I'll order this time.

Has anyone else some information on this?

Shashin

They are probably considered inflammable material. While other cleaners are also considered that, it might simply be down to the type and quality of the chemical.

I go to a local camera store to get Eclipse and swabs. That seems to be the easiest.