The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Macros Anyone?

drunkenspyder

Decided to shoot water for the last time in 2018 and came away with this one.

GFX50s, GF120 with 45 WR MCEX attached. f/11 bulb mode ISO 400 processed in C1-12

This reminds me of a Shidhi Odoshi Japanese water fountain. Let you imagination run free...
Now that’s impressive. And beautiful.

Don, perhaps you are already do this, but have you considered commissioning any of these droplet works in glass?

Last edited:

jng

Cherry blossom diptych

Cherry blossom diptych.jpg

Cambo WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120mm S-Planar | f/11
16- and 24-image focus stacks

Don Libby

Don, this is amazing!!!:thumbs:

I swear, if you didn't live so far away, I would pay for admission to watch how you do this!!:)

Thank you for sharing your images!

Come on out Dave but call first. No charge and we might have the spare bedroom open.

Edit: I'm in the process of writing new blog on waterdrops but not yet on bubbles.

jng

Cherry blossom 3

2019-02-19 20-49-44 (C).jpg

Cambo WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120mm S-Planar | f/11 | 31-image focus stack

I wasn't imagining this as a mini-project when I pinched these buds from the tree over the weekend, but sometimes things take on a life of their own, both figuratively and literally.

danlindberg

This is simply stunning, Dan! I'm glad to see that recent events have not dampened your creativity.

John
Y
Thanks John!! It's great to have something to work with. This image was shot in the simplest of ways, kitchen table, ambient light, a dark cushion as backdrop and a five exposure focus stack :D

jng

Y
Thanks John!! It's great to have something to work with. This image was shot in the simplest of ways, kitchen table, ambient light, a dark cushion as backdrop and a five exposure focus stack :D
Hmmmm. This sounds similar to my setup. I considered showing this in the BTS thread but am reluctant to give away my secrets! Or show the world the clutter on the kitchen counter. :ROTFL:

gerald.d

Ok so inspired by some of the images here I thought I'd have a go at a flower. Certainly makes a change from watches!

Magnification 1:1.3, 0.3mm depth of field, single shot with plenty of tilt and swing

Schneider 120 at f/6.7, IQ3 100, CapCAM

Not really sure what I'm doing here to be honest, but I quite like the result :)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

dave.gt

Ok so inspired by some of the images here I thought I'd have a go at a flower. Certainly makes a change from watches!

Magnification 1:1.3, 0.3mm depth of field, single shot with plenty of tilt and swing

Schneider 120 at f/6.7, IQ3 100, CapCAM

Not really sure what I'm doing here to be honest, but I quite like the result :)

Kind regards,

Gerald.
Love that! :thumbup:

Ah, what you are doing here is sharing with us a lovely image of a beautiful flower. Very nice image and very much appreciated! Lovely flower, do you know what the name of it is?

Your technical info for the shot is also very much appreciated, Gerald.:)

Like you, a few years ago, I was surprised that I found great pleasure in shooting floral portraits. There is a story there (as always there is a story behind each photograph) that I shall not bore anyone with, but it involves love, tragedy, suffering, beauty, joy and redemption. Truly, floral macros can be quite interesting which is an amazing thing.:):):)

schuster

Just out of curiosity, about how many frames did you stack for this shot? it's really beautiful.
Please accept my apology SOG1927, I didn't realize you had asked me a question until just now. I used five images for combining with Zerene Stacker.

Thank you very much your compliment.