The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Macros Anyone?

jng

Daffodil

2019-03-02 20-07-38 (C)-b&w.jpg

Cambo WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120mm S-Planar | f/11 | 14-image focus stack

John

dave.gt

Daffodil

View attachment 139838

Cambo WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120mm S-Planar | f/11 | 14-image focus stack

John
John, that is a cool image.:thumbup:

I considered doing the in-camera focus stacking in the D850 but I haven't had the time or energy to do that yet. This at least gives me an idea how all-in-focus would look! Thanks for all your work on that one, btw.:D

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Scary Dandelion. Leica S, 120 Macro.

Matt

(There's a lot of detail not visible here. Click through and enlarge to see it better.)

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member

not....exactly a macro, but shot with the contax 645 120mm F4, i kept a respect distance, even though those kind of spiders are said to be usually not deadly for humans.
but the gfx resolution helped in that case, shot on jpg.... god damn it:angry:

dave.gt

not....exactly a macro, but shot with the contax 645 120mm F4, i kept a respect distance, even though those kind of spiders are said to be usually not deadly for humans.
but the gfx resolution helped in that case, shot on jpg.... god damn it:angry:
Great photo! uh... now I have great nightmares!:bugeyes:

drunkenspyder

Not really a macro subject, but shot with the S-K 120 Macro:

P1 XF | IQ4.150 | S-K 120M | f/6.3 |1/400 | ISO 50 | 88 image focus stack in Helicon Focus

dave.gt

Not really a macro subject, but shot with the S-K 120 Macro:

P1 XF | IQ4.150 | S-K 120M | f/6.3 |1/400 | ISO 50 | 88 image focus stack in Helicon Focus
Wow!!! I didn't know colors existed in nature quite like this!:bugeyes::bugeyes:

Beautiful rendering, thanks!!!:thumbs:

Don Libby

Wanted to share another water drop image. This was captured using a GFX 50s, GF120 & 45 WR MCEX extender, f/22, ISO 2000, bulb mode and 4-drops using a MIOPS Splash Trigger. This is a full frame no crop image. The heavy lifting was done first in C1 then finished in PSCC.

Attachments

Shashin

Not sure what actually constitutes macro, but this is one of the smallest apples I have photographed. It is a Sweet Crab apple. When they ripe, that is a brief window before they rot, they concentrate the sugar where it starts to make the apple flesh transparent. They are still tart, but they do have an underlying sweetness. While most people like simple dessert apples, the Sweet Crab is really a fine fruit if you are looking for flavorful varieties.