The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Macros Anyone?

Shashin

BTW, this is my favorite apple variety: Golden Russet. Yes, apples do come in more varieties than green, yellow and red. The russets have a very distinctive taste, very earthy, very rich. They are good keepers too. It is a pity heirloom varieties have fallen out of favor.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi !

I got myself a Mamiya 120mm Macro lens, and I am just learning the joy of focus stacking ...
This is an apricot bloom in our garden ... stitch of 3 shots (should it have been 5 ?)
P1 645 DF and P30+ back

Attachments

B L

Here's another water drop from yesterday morning. GFX50s, 120mm f/22 ISO 1000 2-flash 3-drops using a MIOPS Splash trigger.

Headed to Hawaii to capture whales with the new GF100-200. Guess I can't get away from water :grin:[/QUOTE]

Don, You are a master.

f6cvalkyrie

Still working on my technique for stitching and especially recording pictures for stitching ...
This is a 5-pic stitch in Photoshop, and final editing in C1

P1 645 DF with Mamiya 120/4 Macro lens
P30+ back

C U,
Rafael

Attachments

drunkenspyder

Still working on my technique for stitching and especially recording pictures for stitching ...
This is a 5-pic stitch in Photoshop, and final editing in C1

P1 645 DF with Mamiya 120/4 Macro lens
P30+ back

C U,
Rafael
Some nice detail in that lovely image Rafael. I am curious about your image orientation for stitching and lens settings.

f6cvalkyrie

This one is stitched from 12 images, f8 on the lens, slight crop only
Usual set : P1 645 DF with Mamiya 120/4 and P30+ back
Stitched in PS, final editing in C1

C U,
Rafael

Attachments

jng

Dried daffodil

2019-03-31 16-47-49 (C).jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120mm S-Planar | f/11 | 17-image focus stack

photographer

Naturally, medium-format does not have to be limited to macro. This is from a 6x12 film back on a microscope. It is an image of a record (remember those). The groove is black, with the top of the surface in a rainbow color. The color comes from a microscope technique know as Differential Interference Contrast (DIC).

I don't recognize this song. What album is it?