The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Macros Anyone?

anwarp

I guess it's the time of year when flower photography blossoms!

Anyway a couple of close-ups from me shot on an RZ67 with the 140mm macro lens and both extension tubes.

AlienLandscape1.jpg

AlienLandscape2.jpg

Kind regards,

Anwar

Cowz

I am new to medium format macro but having a ball trying. I am using a GFX50S with GF 120mmf4 macro; however, will be moving to a GFX100 in two weeks!!! (give or take lol). I also shoot a Hasselblad X1D with an XCD 45mmf.3.5, but I definitely think the Fuji system is an easier platform for this type of photography.

Attachments

Leigh

Nothing like shooting through curved glass. This is very much a work in process.

Fuji GFX 50s, GF 120mm, f/11 ISO 500 bulb and 2-flashes. 3-water drops using a MIOPS Splash Trigger.
Don,

How do you get such perfect splash images?

Do you just take a few thousand in rapid succession, then pick the best one? ? ?

Thanks.

- Leigh

Don Libby

Don,

How do you get such perfect splash images?

Do you just take a few thousand in rapid succession, then pick the best one? ? ?

Thanks.

- Leigh

Leigh, it's more about the lighting than the number of shots taken That's the fast down and dirty answer the more complex long winded answer can be found on our blog.

Don

nathantw

Orange Devil -- 1:1
Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm, Phase One P25 -- A small breeze ruined the only good photo I had. I was sad.

jng

Jasmine nightshade

2019-08-10 11-28-28 (C) processed-3-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/11 | 41-image focus stack