The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bag for X1D

rjensen

I just bough a Hasselblad X1D with two XCD lenses, 45 and 90MM. I'm looking for a small nice looking bag, that can carry X1D, both XCD 45/90MM and a couple of batteries and maybe my iPad Pro, but the last one isn't important. Can you recommend some bags?

I like this one Ming use for his Hasselblad X1D, but there are so many options out there.

https://blog.mingthein.com/mirrorless-bag/

Shashin

You can keep your camera in my bag. I won't mind...

You could alternatively look at Mountainsmith lumbar packs. They have several models and they also produce camera inserts. The neat thing is the bags can be shoulder or lumbar packs.

PedroL

You can keep your camera in my bag. I won't mind...

You could alternatively look at Mountainsmith lumbar packs. They have several models and they also produce camera inserts. The neat thing is the bags can be shoulder or lumbar packs.
I am using Tamrac Apache 4.2, $99.00 and I have one in stock. Perfect size bag.

hcubell

I have a Lowepro Transit Sling that accommodates the X1D with the 30mm, the 45mm and the 90mm lenses. It weighs next to nothing. Lowepro no longer makes it, but it is readily available on ebay and elsewhere for $60. I had been using it for my Sony A7RII with a few lenses. Amazing that I can use the same bag for a medium format kit.

IMG_8891.JPGIMG_8892.JPG

gmfotografie

Holdfastgear is a great - high quality company!

Did any of you have the Sandqvist Bag from Hasselblad ?
Looks nice too... no leather but thats okay.

hcubell

Holdfastgear is a great - high quality company!

Did any of you have the Sandqvist Bag from Hasselblad ?
Looks nice too... no leather but thats okay.
It is a nice looking bag nad well configured for the X1D and several lenses, but I confirmed that it isn't waterproof and has no rain cover. Imagine, a bag designed and made in Sweden that isn't waterproof and has no rain cover.

Reactions: spb

pflower

The best bag? Depends upon what you are looking for - a fashion accessory, something to protect the gear on a flight, something to just carry around in urban areas, something to go hiking with? They are all different.

The best bag for wandering around the streets is, in my opinion, a tatty supermarket bag or a tatty fabric book bag together with a coat that can take a lens or two. Yes you have to carry it but, depending on where you are, very few people are going to try and steal it. An expensive leather bag is a target for theft regardless of what is inside. If you want to be discrete - plastic or, to be ecologically correct, a fabric book bag is the best option.

It is a nice looking bag nad well configured for the X1D and several lenses, but I confirmed that it isn't waterproof and has no rain cover. Imagine, a bag designed and made in Sweden that isn't waterproof and has no rain cover.

I use a padded pouch for my camera and put it in my regular (waterproof) backpack. Extra protection and no one knows it's a camera bag. But the pouches I have are too small for the X1D. Anyone come across something like that?

The best bag? Depends upon what you are looking for - a fashion accessory, something to protect the gear on a flight, something to just carry around in urban areas, something to go hiking with? They are all different.

The best bag for wandering around the streets is, in my opinion, a tatty supermarket bag or a tatty fabric book bag together with a coat that can take a lens or two. Yes you have to carry it but, depending on where you are, very few people are going to try and steal it. An expensive leather bag is a target for theft regardless of what is inside. If you want to be discrete - plastic or, to be ecologically correct, a fabric book bag is the best option.

msstudio

One of my go to solutions is the Thinktank Digital Holster 10, fits the X1D with 90 easily and I can squeeze 2 batteries in the side pouch. This then goes into any bag I carry or on belt if needed, sometimes I just clip it on the outside of my bag for easy access.
And for walk around with an inconspicuous bag I use a Filson small field bag, that just fits the X1D/90 and my 45 in a small lens wrap along with batteries, card case and wallet.

Paratom

tenba messenger DNA 10 works fine for x1d+2 lenses. thats what I use at the moment. The bag also works well for a Z6 (or comparable camera) with 2 lenses.

drunkenspyder

When I rented the X1D and three lenses this past holiday season, I used a small daypack that I received as a freebee from some order with B+H; I believe it was my Z7 kit. It has a label that says "VANGUARD" on it, though I suspect that won't help much. This worked perfectly to hold all 4 components, a few batteries, memory cards, etc. I plan to carry this rig again on a couple of trips where compactness & IQ are the two high priorities. It sure didn't look like I was carrying $10k+ worth of photo gear.IMG_1143 (1).jpgIMG_1142 (1).jpg
These photos illustrate why I am very hopeful the X1D MkII/X2D maintains the form factor of the X1D.

Last edited: