The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 60mm Distagon CF lens DOF preview control

mostlylost

Rotating the DOF preview control clockwise (when looking into the front of the lens) moves the control slightly and it clicks into position, causing the lens to stop down toe the set aperture and remain there. It remains in this position when the shutter is recocked
I was under the impression cocking the lens would return the to the wide open position automatically. This is what happens with my C lenses.

In order to return the lens to the wide open position the edge of the control must be lifted slightly so that it can move back to the wide open position.

Is this a defect in the operation of the stop down control or am I just not understanding how it is intended to operate ?