The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Foam Cutter - Sectional Images

gmfotografie

Hello, do you have a high quality foam for transportation where your equipments fits perfectly (Peli and BW)

Anybody knows where I can get sectional images for a cutter?

Can anybody recomend some tipps or links for such support in Europe?

Best Michael

Frankly

There are services in the USA and I am sure elsewhere that will cut foam perfectly using a laser to match your supplied paper tracing of your gear.

custom cut foam inserts laser was my search term

https://www.mycasebuilder.com is an example.

Firearms cases are also done this way, so check with related websites for reviews.

Many people have moved away from foam, especially for long term storage, since it breaks down and also holds dust. Once you open a foam case in the field on a windy day the foam is now polluted with the sand and dust and it is difficult to remove.

To my thinking the safest way to travel with very delicate gear is to wrap it in easily replaceable bubble wrap and place it in smooth padded dividers. For most of my photo equipment I simply rely on the padded dividers or padded wraps and smaller cases... but ideally you'd want more protection for high vibrations like traveling overland on safari or on a motorcycle.

Good Luck