The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The next firmware version for H6D-100c, 1.21.0, will be released in April

bab

Has anyone purchased a new H6D-100c, with firmware 1.21.0? If so can you comment if any wish list items have been added.

Auto Bracketing in self timer mode, should finish bracketing seq w/ M-UP after pressing shutter once?
Auto Bracketing-Normal plus 3 stops 0, +1, +2, +3----if your exposing for the Shadows this get you to normal easier.
Auto Bracketing-Normal minus 3 stops 0, -1, -2, -3----if your exposing for the Max highlights this get you to normal easier.

Cant complete Auto Brk Seq with phone app Phocus and phone app Phocus exposure button works backwards when you press the button it should capture the image not when you let go.

User Profiles- must be able to name the profiles not just P1, P2 etc.

RAW histogram by RGB channel in Live View.
Live View blinkies.
Live view auto "X" zoom in manual focus assist.

Digital Distance Scale, digital lens distance read out
Programmable shutter speed and focus stacking auto capture by X and Y coordinates, otherwise known as Integrated step focusing.
Bracketing w continuous capture.

WB correction

Auto white balance
Auto ISO

Spirit Level auto off customization function with a choice of 2-10 more secs.

Actual Exposure in Live View

Boinger

I honestly just really really would love to get the E-shutter from the X1d. ..

Would make work in the studio a breeze.

Boinger

Don’t the H6D-50c/H6D-100c already have e shutter? It might be called pinhole mode?

Here’s a video of it in action:

https://instagram.com/p/Bf-AaYRnHPZ/
Yes it has the pinhole mode I posted about that when the first firmware update was out.

The problem with pinhole mode is the fastest shutter speed you can get electronically is 1/8th of a second.

Unless you want to work in extreme darkness not very useful in a studio.

bab

I was told the ver 1.21.1 would be released by the end of April. Considering they just emailed the April newsletter a few days ago I’m still on standby for a major firmware release. It should be addressing not only new items but catching up with already written code from CCD sensors three years ago ex Profiles!

The next firmware version for H6D-100c, 1.21.0, will be released in April.

We will send this information via your email address registered on our website, as newsletter.

We hope this is of help for you. Let us know if you would have any further questions.

Best regards,

Hasselblad Customer Support

Hasselblad.com

bab

Just so you know the update was supposed to be in April (not privileged information anyone could of found this out by merely asking as I did) but as I have been just informed there is some field testing tweaks holding up the release but it will be very soon. (no exact date was given).

I'm as anxious as anyone to see it.

Regards

cerett

Just so you know the update was supposed to be in April (not privileged information anyone could of found this out by merely asking as I did) but as I have been just informed there is some field testing tweaks holding up the release but it will be very soon. (no exact date was given).

I'm as anxious as anyone to see it.

Regards
Okay, but I won't hold my breath.

bab

Auto Bracketing in self timer mode, should finish bracketing seq w/ M-UP after pressing shutter once?
Auto Bracketing-Normal plus 3 stops 0, +1, +2, +3----if your exposing for the Shadows this get you to normal easier.
Auto Bracketing-Normal minus 3 stops 0, -1, -2, -3----if your exposing for the Max highlights this get you to normal easier.

Cant complete Auto Brk Seq with phone app Phocus and phone app Phocus exposure button works backwards when you press the button it should capture the image not when you let go.

User Profiles- must be able to name the profiles not just P1, P2 etc. Partial

RAW histogram by RGB channel in Live View.
Live View blinkies.
Live view auto "X" zoom in manual focus assist.

Digital Distance Scale, digital lens distance read out
Programmable shutter speed and focus stacking auto capture by X and Y coordinates, otherwise known as Integrated step focusing.
Bracketing w continuous capture.

WB correction Not in RGB channels but I tried it and it works great CONGRATS H

Auto white balance
Auto ISO

Spirit Level auto off customization function with a choice of 2-10 more secs.

Actual Exposure in Live View

There is still hope but its like watching a Turtle race I'm thinking by November we should get a few more firmware updates. That will be coming with a new body, new system or at least promised ones.

DB5

I have to buy or try a Ninja external monitor to be sure but it must be a good feature.
Yeah it sounds like digital zooming and panning while filming with an HDMI recorder which could be really amazing.

Boinger

Yeah it sounds like digital zooming and panning while filming with an HDMI recorder which could be really amazing.
what does "HDMI - Pan in zoomed-in with touch-pad area on display" mean?
This is something I had complained to them about. I have my H6d hooked up to an external monitor in my studio and when I used to zoom in to focus it wouldn't let me move around the zoomed in section to put the box over what I was actually trying to focus on. It made hdmi fairly useless. Glad they fixed it (will confirm when I upgrade the firmware)