The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What can I do with my unusable CFV16 :((

elrafo

Hello Everyone,

for those who followed my threads last july my CFV16 got motherboard or CF card reading issues making the back almost unusable "Error 9022".
I sent it to Hasselblad and the cost for repair is almost like getting a functional used CFV16-2. So I cancelled the repair and asked them to send the CFV back.

The issue is that the CCD is perfect, IR filter was replaced 2 years ago and the overall condition of the back is 9/10. do you know if I can still resell it for parts ? any of you ever had to deal with this ?

citizin

I had to deal with a Hasselblad back error/issue this past autumn on and H3DII-50 back.

I sent it to Hasselblad repair in NJ, and they didn't quote a fix. They gave me an uneconomical to repair and offered to dispose of it for me.
After getting it back I gave it a good lookover, and some harmless light tampering. I noticed the FW800 port was pretty janky, specifically pins 4, 5, 6 were touching the inner collar/shroud. After a careful realignment it been working flawlessly.

Your case is probably different, but don't count yourself out yet. It's probably is something small if it's not water damage.

elrafo

Hello,
Did a careful check and like you did, the back looks almost mint but I still get the error message. I guess this is an issue with the motherbord and internal battery maybe as well as the back never held the date.
Never Water damaged, I only have 1500 shots on this back.
I think I am done with it :(
I won’t spend $5,000 to fix a back I can buy on ebay for 4500$. This is sad

drevil

Staff member
damn what a bummer, looks like it became a door stopper :(

probably an easy to fix thing but sold expensively

Chris Gahran

Just joined GetDPI. Have you tried Jimmy Bjaaland at B23? He is the official repair service for legacy Hasselblad digital backs. He has repaired one of my CF-22MS backs.

Contact by email:
"[email protected]"
"[email protected]"

CFV backs do not hold the Date and Time for very long. Best way to charge the internal battery is to plug it into a computer via Firewire. Unless you use the back tethered daily the internal clock will revert to the default Date and Time in my experience.

Chris