The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad HCD24 or HCD28 on my H6D100c

ndwgolf

Guys
I'm in the market for an WA lens to use on my H6D100c body.........my current WA lens is the HC50 II but fancy something a little wider. I read a thread from back in 2012 where there was a comparison between the 28mm and 35mm and the 28mm came out on top.........so what about the 24mm verses the 28mm??

Neil

DougDolde

28mm is pretty wide on a big sensor. I thing the 24mm would be better for interiors, but the 28mm is great for outdoor shots.

tcdeveau

I’d probably go with the 28mm on the H6D-100c. It should be plenty wide enough, it’s a great lens, and they’re cheaper than the 24mm...plus much easier to find on the second hand market if that’s how you’re looking to acquire one.

I think the 24mm you also have to be careful using the hood and filters (if at all) because vignetting can be an issue on the 40x54mm sensors like the H6D-100c sensor, much more so than the 28mm.

rmueller

The HCD 24 ist the latest HC lens, was introduced at photokina 2012. I own the HCD 28 which is wide enough for my taste and its great. One thing you might want to consider: If you ever plan to add a HTS 1.5 T/S Adapter then I'd probably go with the HCD24 because the HTS has a built in 1.5 teleconverter, meaning the 28 is a 42mm lens whereas the 24 is still a "wide angle enough" 36mm lens with the HTS1.5

Best Regards,
Ralf

cerett

I’d probably go with the 28mm on the H6D-100c. It should be plenty wide enough, it’s a great lens, and they’re cheaper than the 24mm...plus much easier to find on the second hand market if that’s how you’re looking to acquire one.

I think the 24mm you also have to be careful using the hood and filters (if at all) because vignetting can be an issue on the 40x54mm sensors like the H6D-100c sensor, much more so than the 28mm.
Totally agree. The 28mm is certainly wide enough for landscape work and a very sharp lens. Much, much easier to get on the used market. Go for it.

bab

I have the 28mm and have used it extensively with the HTS also I have used the 24mm and I'm contemplating purchasing one. On the 100c the 24 is very wide and unfortunately cant be tilted much without distortion over 3 frame Pano or pointing up. I came in handy one morning shooting at Yosemite and trying to get the top of a granite rock completely in the frame and both sides of the pond however it might be too wide for lots of images. My thought is you don't need both.