The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need an opinion

I am photographer working in Brazil, I have been working with H4 and P1 IQ 180 for many years , been happy with it. Know I am thinking to change either to P1 camera ,lenses and
the IQ3 or just buy a H6 body and the IQ3 for Hasselblad keeping my lenses and saving a lot of money...

med

The XF, and many of the new Schneider lenses for it, are absolutely wonderful, and have a lot of great features, but they are BIG and HEAVY. Personally I still find the H bodies feel great and have held up very well ergonomically over the years, and IMHO Hasselblad’s true focus is more consistent and repeatable than Phase’s similar AFR system.

Do you have a dealer or any other means of trying the XF out before you jump in?

Personally, I made the jump to the XF + IQ 250 but still have an H1 that I can’t quite part with. I love its size and ability to shoot 645 film in a pinch.

stngoldberg

I opted to keep my Hasselblad lenses, but I craved the IQ of the phase one 100 MPX back especially on my technical camera.
Hence I am shooting the H5X with the P1 back with my Hasselblad lenses and/or my Rodenstork lenses or my wonderful Schneider lenses with the Acra rm3di.
Stanley

I opted to keep my Hasselblad lenses, but I craved the IQ of the phase one 100 MPX back especially on my technical camera.
Hence I am shooting the H5X with the P1 back with my Hasselblad lenses and/or my Rodenstork lenses or my wonderful Schneider lenses with the Acra rm3di.
Stanley
Tks a lot !!!!

Boinger

I have an H6100c the images I get from it are very nice. One of the nicest things I like about Hasselblad is the native color I get from the files I have to spend a lot less time in PP to get the colors right.

With Hasselblad files I feel like you can get great files straight from cam and spend a lot less time editing.

Having said that it is still a relatively new system so it does have quirks and hiccups but Hasselblad does keep improving it with firmware. The Phaseone I feel is a much more "finished" system.

But the money savings for me warranted the Hasselblad.

Oh and Hasselblad True Focus is awesome.